Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Water shortages? Stop immigration.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
:lol:

Fact of the week from the BBC.

On a standard 3 bedroom house, rainfall on the roof and gutter amounts to 120,000 litres.

So we are definitely going wrong, because of immigration? :thud:

Look, the country is overcrowded. I think we all agree on that one. So how to stop the problem getting worse? Stop immigration. Simple. There's no more room!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
goldstone said:
Look, the country is overcrowded. I think we all agree on that one. So how to stop the problem getting worse? Stop immigration. Simple. There's no more room!

Your ignorant gob is certainly taking up the space where your brain should be.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
goldstone said:

I wouldn't know if it is over crowded. Certainly no more than a lot of countries. Immigration brings in benefits. I am all for controlling asylum and going through the proper channels.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Your ignorant gob is certainly taking up the space where your brain should be.

And exactly what is "ignorant" about suggesting that the country is overcrowded?

And that a solution is to prevent more people arriving to live here?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Nowt wrong with immigration....thru official channels.

Its all the 'bogus' asylum seekers. Thats where the problem is. And it is a problem.
I cannot applud that comment enough................ but I'll try!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh and by the way, I think 99.9 of Asylum seekers are bogus, but thats a different argument.:glare:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And then perhaps a little bit of compensation for past exploitation.

Are you advocating a northern Ireland tit for tat culture?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Water shortages? Stop immigration.

Juan Albion said:
I trust that when you go to Sainsbury's you will be picking up the more expensive Fair Trade bananas then?

Actually I already do .... but not sure it makes a lot of difference to the big picture.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
There is plenty of water, but it is either up North or here in Wales. If you shandy drinking bedwetting southerners want to wash your cars every Sunday, why not move to the Valleys?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I made a similar point on Saturday in my post entitled The Bigger Picture. More people entering the country means more hospitals and schools and houses and roads, which means more development of greenfield sites. The Lib Dems support mass immigration but wish to protect the environment. The conflict of principles seems obvious to me, though, it seems, not to many others. Perhaps supporting the Albion since 1972 has impaired my faculties.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Daffyd Thomas said:
There is plenty of water, but it is either up North or here in Wales. If you shandy drinking bedwetting southerners want to wash your cars every Sunday, why not move to the Valleys?

We'd have enough water down here if all you welshies and your northern chums didn't keep moving to the southeast.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
goldstone said:
So how to stop the problem getting worse? Stop immigration. Simple. There's no more room!

That is the most ill informed, generalising statement I have read on here for a long time. Do you mean stop the thousands of doctors, nurses and physiotherapists we allow into this country to help bolster our own failing employment record in these fields as the ones we train go overseas for more money?, or do you mean stop allowing the refugees, assylum seekers or people of varied nationalities.... ??

Juan Albion said:
You mean we can trade you for tat? Bargain!

:clap2: :clap2:

Bloody brilliant, and I tell you what whilst we're blaming imigrants for water shortages, what about the lack of parking on my road , overdue library books and longer till qu's in supermarkets and pot holes in the road and too many repeats on TV and thats without mentioning the endangerment of the red squirrel.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think Goldstone makes a good point, but he doesn't go far enough. We should send them back to Hassocks, Haywards Heath etc.

Brighton Water for Brighton People :clap2:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
looney said:
So you are saying you really dont have a clue?

Oh no, he's just saying that your a no mark twat. That was obvious to EVERYONE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here