Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching the Euro's in the Pub

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It's an absolute nightmare. Pubs are full of people who know absolutely sod all about football but take an interest once every two years.

They've got absolutely no idea how we got to the finals in the first place! Some comments defy belief like 'oh God he's bringing Heskey on'. Err, thats actually Ledley King.

I left the pub at half time last night to watch the second half at home and heard more intelligent things from my dog.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Agreed! I am a miserable git when it comes to footie....I simply hate watching it in a pub with people who know 'sod' all about it. Thats why I have to come on here for proper footie debate!:lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Timbo said:
It's an absolute nightmare. Pubs are full of people who know absolutely sod all about football

Sounds like most of the posts on here to be honest :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Watching it in the pub is great! I watched both the Swiss and Croatia games on the big screen at the PPT. Fantastic atmosphere. Also you can't hear the commentary which by the sound of it was a good thing.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
think i may visit the pub on thursday. not seen 1 in the pub this time round. the french game i had the tv in my garden and set up the seats on 2 tiers. patio and higher grass level. could off been good but i got a pissed off with my own mother making remarks at how badly england were playing whilst beating the french 1.0.
i got fed up of saying we are doing well, you cannot expect to beat the holders of this tournament 6 or 7 nil.
but i suppose she got what she wanted in the 91st and 93rd mins. :nono:

some people seem to think if you are in your own half then you are playing badly. were i think we were brilliantly defending a 1.0 lead until the dying moments of the match.
:nono:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Nice to sea so many expert panalists on here promoting the bootyful game :drink:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
ditchy said:
Nice to sea so many expert panalists on here promoting the bootyful game :drink:

yeah but a mate of mine pissed off home after about 75mins because he was also getting pissed off with my mums constant dribble of how bad england were.:lolol: :lolol:

i asked him why he went the next day.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Watching the Euro's in the Pub is great . . .an endless supply of cold beer, big screen, when everyones pisht it doesnt matter that many are talking utter shyte . . . no different to any other pub night really. :lolol:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The Hogshead in Eastbourne has been pretty good so far although one group of obvious football non attenders keep singing about the Jocks watching Eastenders and about hating Heskey - twats!!

The waitress service for the beer works really well too and means that you don't have to run the risk of dropping 4 pints on the way back from the bar when we score :clap2: :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cricks in southwick has been class, plenty of singing including the odd BHA song, the totty is marvelous and the beer is cheap and cold. Always get a decent view on the big screen too

Albion Rob

The Eagle in Eastbourne was also good last night. You just can't beat it when we score because you are running the risk of knocking over about 40 pints and getting soaked when you go mental. Quality.

There were also a lot of hotties wearing football shirts, which I fully endorse and I find as long as you sit with a large enough group of mates you don't have to worry about what everyone else is doing. :clap2: :clap2:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Wacthed the France game in the pub it was a good atmosphere, had to watch the game last night with my nan and mum, listening to their bullshit anaylis of the match. That was not good, nan stood in front of the tele just before Rooney scored his second . . . :nono: :nono:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Duke in Shoreham has a superb big screen up, sit at the bar, next to the stella tap, comfy stool, perfect . . . .until I woke up for work this morning !

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Bobby's Gull said:
Wacthed the France game in the pub it was a good atmosphere, had to watch the game last night with my nan and mum, listening to their bullshit anaylis of the match. That was not good, nan stood in front of the tele just before Rooney scored his second . . . :nono: :nono:

IN TW? or elsewhere?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
bloody hell! you must be brave! I opted for the more (or less) which ever way you look at it, party on our roof garden at work.....

I enjoy watching England matches down the pub - when we win, that is. There were plenty of bigots in Croatia shirts yesterday ... och well, lads, you only wasted £40. Twats.

As you can imagine, it's rather interesting watching up here. It can be bloody infuriating (e.g. England v Brazil, WC - "come on, send the f***ing scum back home" being screamed at the screen by some 50-yr old jakey), but boy can it be fun. Euro'96 was a delight...:D

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Rusthall Seagull said:
bloody hell! you must be brave! I opted for the more (or less) which ever way you look at it, party on our roof garden at work.....

What do you mean brave?! It's not that bad! Is that place you work at in T.Wells then? Sounds like I might know it, if it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here