Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching the albion (Lost the buzz?)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ive been watching the albion home and away for over 15 years now...started going to away games when I was 9.

Now I was hard core at one stage and wouldnt really miss many away games, only 4/5 a season

.....and won the findus crispy pancake away game award (out of the lads who goes to most away games award)

Then I moved to manchester and have been there for 3 years and have only just moved back. While I was up north in eternal Darkness I tried to get to as many games within 100 miles that I could (money issues controling that)...But there were stages when I was up there that I felt my love and emotions for the club had faded a little..

Now I'm back in brighton again and going to most home and away games...I really feel exactly like I did when I was between the ages of 10-18 before I moved...Excited by a random fixture like tonight..Not being able to say no if someone offers me a place in the car, Its a great feeling to have back and dont feel I would have lost the erge to go had I actually been in brighton..although I dont think it ever went away my circumstances controled me a little but now im free to fly to all away games with the seagulls.

Anyone else gone through little blocks of supporting us or have you been hard core whevever you are in the uk?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I went to pretty much every home game (and a few aways) between the years 1989-1997. I only got to a few at Gillingham because, living over in West Sussex, it was so far to travel and, being only 16-17 I couldn't afford to go unless my Dad took me.

Then I went to Uni in 1999 and didn't see much of The Albion for a couple of years, mainly through lack of money. However, in my final year (our Div2 Championship winning season under PT) I spent half my student loan watching the Albion, going to any away game that was anywhere near Stoke on Trent, where I was at Uni. It was utterly fantastic, and probably my favourite season ever.

Since then, I have only been to about 15 games. My passion for football is - and always has been - for playing the game. At Uni, it wasn't a problem, because I played footy on Wednesday, leaving me free to watch Brighton on Saturdays.

I love the Albion, but nothing will stop me from playing football on a Saturday afternoon, and at 25, I can't see that changing for a while. Especially while "The Withdean Experience" is so unnattractive.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Re: Re: Watching the albion (Lost the buzz?)

Tesco in Disguise said:
thank f*** for that.

Thats what I said...As I sing again "have you ever seen the sun....."

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What were you doing in Manchester BYF. I take it your weren't in education.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Les Biehn said:
What were you doing in Manchester BYF. I take it your weren't in education.

Why couldnt you just answer the thread properly?

..with your opinions on if you have lost the buzz or not.

Instead you've mis-spelled a word in an attempt to mock me.

take it your weren't in education. [/B][/QUOTE]

:nono:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Frankly, I'm struggling to get past the bit about people offering him a lift.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
this season probably been the most testing for me , since 1990 have been to virtually every home game and at least 10 aways a season but this year i lost the buzz a bit, just a bit disillusioned with it all and have mostly just been to home games (bar a few away).

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Although byf posts a fair amout of shit, if he starts a half-decent thread that is worth contributing to, why does it have to be hijacked by a load of personal squabbles?

Its not like he's DWAYNE or anything.....

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Tesco in Disguise said:
yeah, like byf could get into manchester.

:lolol:

Why couldnt I?

I'm a qualified health and safety rail advisor and operative..getting it to manchester uni is hardly above me mr tesco.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:
Why couldnt you just answer the thread properly?

..with your opinions on if you have lost the buzz or not.

Instead you've mis-spelled a word in an attempt to mock me.

take it your weren't in education.

:nono: [/B][/QUOTE]

Jesus you really haven't got a sense of humour have you.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
byf said:
Why couldnt I?

I'm a qualified health and safety rail advisor and operative..getting it to manchester uni is hardly above me mr tesco.

sorry. the bandwagon looked so comfortable :blush:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
byf needs to realise 90% of NSC posts are insults or piss taking and if he doesn't wise up soon he will do a flounce of Dessiegate proportions soon imho

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
byf needs to realise 90% of NSC posts are insults or piss taking and if he doesn't wise up soon he will do a flounce of Dessiegate proportions soon imho
*crosses EVERYTHING*

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:

Is it possible to match the worlds biggest ever flounce??? We will see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here