Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watching Premier League games on frigging massive TVs in the US

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why would it 'make you think you are at the stadium'?

Substitutes the only advantage TV has compared to the live experience, almost guaranteed good viewing angle. I love to go behind the goal at a match sometimes, but it's mostly for the atmosphere. Ridiculous!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
It’s not going to even be close to replicating being there for the atmosphere etc. but if you’re living in LA then this is by far the best you’re going to get to seeing your team. I like it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It’s not going to even be close to replicating being there for the atmosphere etc. but if you’re living in LA then this is by far the best you’re going to get to seeing your team. I like it
Watched the Cup Final in Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica one time. That was pretty decent. Apart from the game starting at stupid o'clock, obviously

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Why would it 'make you think you are at the stadium'?

Substitutes the only advantage TV has compared to the live experience, almost guaranteed good viewing angle. I love to go behind the goal at a match sometimes, but it's mostly for the atmosphere. Ridiculous!

It's an experience. Aimed at those who will never get to the stadium (make your own jokes about Man United fans).

Anyone who wants to watch on traditional TV can do that too.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
That looks great if you can't get to the game, but my eye baubles (which need glasses) don't like big screens sadly...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love it.

No, it's not the same as being there. But if you're not there, this looks pretty good.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I reckon they'll move the camera back 20 or so rows in the future... with only approved fans (actors) allowed in front of it.

Imagine these all over the world. Crazy revenue potential.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The small screens above looked to be one second ahead of the big screen. Watch the corner being taken on the small screen then a second later taken on the big screen.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looks great. Different technology viewing live event, but links to my expectation that it will soon be possible to attend the 1966 World Cup Final as an "experience" (or The Battle of Waterloo for that matter...) ...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I just saw this and was going to share too. Definitely an interesting option for those that can't get to a game. I can't even get a bar in Almeria to show a Premier League game on a small TV in the corner.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I love it.

No, it's not the same as being there. But if you're not there, this looks pretty good.
Yeah, I think folk need to understand that it's not aimed at folk who go - or could realistically go - to live matches.

I mean, Abba's giant screen Voyage thing is not "as good" as seeing them live... but that's not really the point is it?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It’s like being in the WSL 1901 with the Tunnel Club day trippers in front of you being served drinks and food during the game :angry:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It looks amazing. Get a few drinks in people in there and could get the atmosphere going. I'd try it if nowhere near the real thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here