Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching Ajax Amsterdam?

Me and some mates are off to Amsterdam for a 'cultural' visit this weekend - and we noticed that Ajax are playing at home to RBC Roosendahl.

Anyone been before?
Easy to get tickets?

Ta

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Should be a goal feast. Roosendaal are truly appalling. They've only accumulated 5 points so far this season, and are yet to win in 24 attempts. They let in an average of 2.5 per game. And we think we're struggling...

Mind you, having said that, Ajax are not exactly setting the world on fire either. They're 15 points off a Champions League spot and will struggle even to make the UEFA Cup at this rate. *snigger*

Trufflehound said:
Should be a goal feast. Roosendaal are truly appalling. They've only accumulated 5 points so far this season, and are yet to win in 24 attempts. They let in an average of 2.5 per game. And we think we're struggling...

Yep, could well be - although Ajax are playing Inter in the Champions League in a weeks time, so we could be seeing a reserve team grinding out a 0-0 draw with the hapless Roosendahl!

Has anyone been to the Amsterdam ArenA?
Any tips?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
going at the end of march, looking forward to :drink: :drink: :drink: :smokin: what are the laws on smoking there now??? just out of curiosity

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Went a few years ago and got tickets on the day for about £8. Sat top tier behind the goal and had a great view. It kicked off in and outside the ground with away fans celebrating in the home ends, virtually no stewards or police inside the ground.

The Hot dog stalls outside the ground are superb.

y2dave said:
Went a few years ago and got tickets on the day for about £8. Sat top tier behind the goal and had a great view. It kicked off in and outside the ground with away fans celebrating in the home ends, virtually no stewards or police inside the ground.

Cheers for that, sounds easy enough.
:thumbsup:
Always like watching a bit of footie violence - and I do love a good hot dog!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Trufflehound said:

Mind you, having said that, Ajax are not exactly setting the world on fire either. They're 15 points off a Champions League spot and will struggle even to make the UEFA Cup at this rate. *snigger*

And even the manager said, "they're worse then Sunderland".

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
surrey jim said:
what are the laws on smoking there now??? just out of curiosity

Same as always I think, i.e. technically illegal, but officially tolerated - the police openly say they have better things to do with their time.

Go to a coffee shop rather than dealing with some big black mutha in the red light district, and there won't be any problem.

Last edited:

gjs1979

Sep 30, 2005
Amsterdam
y2dave said:

It's pretty unlikely you'll be able to do this now. The last time I went on the day was about 2 seasons ago but they have really tightened up on it. I have lived in Amsterdam for the past 2 years and the only way I can get tickets on the Day is with a Supporters Club Card, sadly even then I can only get 2 tickets and only one for the Big Games (PSV, Feyenoord, Utrecht & ADO).

You may be able to get tickets from a UK/European Internet Ticket company, but you may struggle otherwise.

I can get you two tickets with Clubcard, but I reckon you'll probably want more than that?

As for the ArenA, It's a nice stadium, sometimes the atmosphere is not so great, You have to climb a lot of stairs to get to your Seat as the pitch is on top of three levels of Car Park and they don't take cash inside the ground. You have to Buy ArenA cards (you get them in the ground) which can be a bit of a pain in the Arse. Oh and Don't forget to tip the Toilet Ladies ;-)

gjs1979

Sep 30, 2005
Amsterdam
Here you go.....the latest ADO v Ajax run in....

AMSTERDAM —Ten Ajax supporters were still in custody on Monday morning following an attack on the clubhouse for fans of ADO De Haag at the weekend.
An examining magistrate is to decide whether to extend their detention during the investigation into alleged public order offences.
Approximately 70 followers of Ajax attacked the clubhouse in an attempt to burn it down prior to a match between Amsterdam Ajax and the ADO in The Hague on Friday evening.
Two ADO fans were stabbed and six others were beaten with clubs, before the police ended the confrontation. Almost all the people injured were sent home after being treated for minor injuries.
"This was a hit-and-run operation. A very large group of Ajax fans attacked no more than eight unsuspecting ADO fans in the supporters' base. These people had to run for their lives," a spokesperson for ADO said.
Ajax chairman John Jaake said he felt powerful in the face of the actions of a small number of the club's fans.
"I don't know what more the club can do to deal with football hooliganism. An awful lot of energy has been invested in talking to the supporters and a whole range of measures have been taken. But this hard core cannot be restrained, apparently, and that is a very sad state of affairs," Jaake said.
Hague Mayor Wim Deetman banned Ajax supporters from the match on Friday evening. Ajax won 2-1. Deetman is expected to announce on Monday whether Ajax supporters will be banned from attending their team's matches in The Hague for the next five years.
Rival fans appeared to have made arrangements to continue the fighting. Police in The Hague reported they blocked an attempt on Friday night by ADO supporters to take revenge on their Amsterdam rivals.
Riot police closed off the area around Ajax's Amsterdam ArenA stadium on Saturday after 150 Ajax fans gathered. Everyone in the area was questioned and seven people were arrested for failing to produce legitimate papers.
A cosh, several jabbing weapons and powerful fireworks were discovered during a search of the clubhouse used by Ajax supporters. A large quantity of hard drugs was also seized.

gjs1979 said:
It's pretty unlikely you'll be able to do this now. The last time I went on the day was about 2 seasons ago but they have really tightened up on it. I have lived in Amsterdam for the past 2 years and the only way I can get tickets on the Day is with a Supporters Club Card, sadly even then I can only get 2 tickets and only one for the Big Games (PSV, Feyenoord, Utrecht & ADO).

You may be able to get tickets from a UK/European Internet Ticket company, but you may struggle otherwise.

I can get you two tickets with Clubcard, but I reckon you'll probably want more than that?

As for the ArenA, It's a nice stadium, sometimes the atmosphere is not so great, You have to climb a lot of stairs to get to your Seat as the pitch is on top of three levels of Car Park and they don't take cash inside the ground. You have to Buy ArenA cards (you get them in the ground) which can be a bit of a pain in the Arse. Oh and Don't forget to tip the Toilet Ladies ;-)

Hmm, sounds less than ideal.
Thanks for your kind offer, there are only three of us going now (one of us has done his knee in a football-related accident) so I guess that won't work.
I've got a price of 30 euros for seats behind the goals from ticketunlimited.nl - is that the best way to go then?
Is there no chance of just turning up and buying some tickets from a tout outside - it's only RBC Roosendahl after all?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Went there a few years ago for the Amsterdam Tournament, four games on two evenings, think it was Ajax, Liverpool, AC Milan and possibly someone Spanish. Top venue for footy, atmosphere was a little odd as you had a mixture of fans and quite a few neutrals like me, the footy was less than average though, the biggest cheer of all four games was when Jari Litmaanen came on as a sub for Liverpool. Other highlight was seeing a group of a dozen or so, all wearing the stripes, sat not far from where I was.

gjs1979

Sep 30, 2005
Amsterdam
I was also at that tournament and I saw a few stripes aswell. They were funny as f**k on the metro home, quite pissed and one of them had a Baldy wig on I think?

I think 30euro's is good for tickets, I don't go often, but when I do I pay between 20-35 except for Champions League. I paid 55 for an incredibly boring game v Arsenal. I won't be doing that again, me and my brother just sat there talking about Brighton!

As for touts, there may be a few about, listen out for people saying "Kaart Verkoop" or something like that (my Dutch is still awful!!) It's worth going down to see the ground even if you don't get tickets and there are a few Bars around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here