Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch the Luton Game in Manchester

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
T'SEAGULLS!

I've mentioned it before, but us Manc. Seagulls have hired the back room at one of the city's best pubs.

We have a big screen, there's a top, top bar, and they sell real good food too.

manlao1.jpg

The Lass O Gowrie is at the top of Charles Street off Oxford Road opposite the old Factory Records HQ.

Lass o' Gowrie pub in Manchester

we'll be providing cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
There are evening half price Adult Off Peak Returns tickets between any 2 stations within Greater Manchester (eg Stockport to Oxford Rd is £1.30 not £2.60). Also, between any 2 stations up to and including Manchester stations within the following boundary, Macclesfield, Chelford, Plumley, Birchwood, Earlestown, Bryn, Southport, Chorley, Bromley Cross, Rochdale, Greenfield, Hadfield, Chinley and Buxton. (Not available to or from Manchester United Football Ground Halt). So Macclesfield to Manchester is £3.70, not £7.40,
The outward train must be scheduled to leave at 18.30 or later.
I do not thinmk these tickets can be bought from the conductor on the trains.

National Rail Enquiries - Special Offer - Cheap Evening Return in Greater Manchester

Last edited:

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
T'SEAGULLS!

I've mentioned it before...

last match I watched on the box in a Manchester pub we lost 3 nil (or was it 3-1?)
BTW did you meet my eldest brother at an FC United match a couple of weeks ago? (also my Northen correspondent reports spotting a couple of Albion fans at a Darwen match a weekend or two ago)

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
last match I watched on the box in a Manchester pub we lost 3 nil (or was it 3-1?)
BTW did you meet my eldest brother at an FC United match a couple of weeks ago? (also my Northen correspondent reports spotting a couple of Albion fans at a Darwen match a weekend or two ago)

We met somebody at FC United yes, and very nice he was too, whether it was your bro - who knows - he works for Manchester Uni.

Darwen was not attended by us however there is a big Albion fan (singular) in Accrington I believe.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
he probably does, I suppose I should have asked

a) did you have a good time at FC as a few of my mates have commented they enjoyed TSLR

and

b) did you meet an old boy that said "My brother supports Brighton"?

well he was an old boy, he said all his family were albion.

and yeah, we've had good feedback from the FC people, although we haven't sent any of them this new issue which has the big FC United interview in it!

we had an excellant time at FC United ... really good day out, if a little scary being a rat in the camp.

n528971890_1874671_4955.jpg

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
he probably does, I suppose I should have asked

b) did you meet an old boy that said "My brother supports Brighton"?

It must have been your brother! He PM'd me the day before via the FC forum and we stood together for the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here