Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasn't a penalty

Looked very similar to the LuaLua incident on Saturday...and that wasn't a penalty either.
It was nothing like the LuaLua incident. There was physical contact between the two players on Saturday. Not a penalty, but physical contact. Tonight - they never came into contact at all.

That's my view from 10 rows back in the North Stand - in direct line with where it didn't happen.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Never a pen, 15000 fans swayed the ref & about f@@king time.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Shouldn't have been a penalty, but I don't think it was a dive as such.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Did look like a pen to me. It looked like the defender got the ball, and then he went over the defenders leg. Mind you what a useless twat that ref was.

I'd love someone to explain how he booked Casper for gertting involved, but then took no action on their keeper who raced 3/4 of the pitch to get involved. And that little twat should have walked for that tackle of Vincelot. Defo should have got a second yellow for a bit of afters a little . Even the linesman deceided to get invloved, but the ref didn't want to know. No wonder Lord Gus is constantly having run ins with these twats

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Obviously people based elsewhere say it was a dive... From my rose tinted specs it looked stone wall (genuinely).. My angle wasn't good though tbh... A bit like the pen we were awarded at saints last season I thought!

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Did look like a pen to me. It looked like the defender got the ball, and then he went over the defenders leg. Mind you what a useless twat that ref was.

I'd love someone to explain how he booked Casper for gertting involved, but then took no action on their keeper who raced 3/4 of the pitch to get involved. And that little twat should have walked for that tackle of Vincelot. Defo should have got a second yellow for a bit of afters a little . Even the linesman deceided to get invloved, but the ref didn't want to know. No wonder Lord Gus is constantly having run ins with these twats

These things even themselves out, as has been discussed elsewhere Dunk could have gone at the weekend but didn't. You win some you lose some but you can't feel aggrieved that you don't win them all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It looked like one of those where you wouldn't say it was an outright dive but making the most of a stary leg of a defender. Forster and Murray were geniuses at it.

I thought the handball in the first half looked stone wall and apparently Gillingham fans did too so I guess it's justice.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not a pen but considering they should've finished with about 8 men, I think it balanced itself out overall.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First off, I have seen no tv coverage of the penalty incident at all, but from top of WSU at North end it looked like a nailed on pen, albeit somewhat "bought" if you like. As Buckley went past the defender, he saw the challenge coming so left a trailing leg out which the defender caught and triped him up. Technically a pen, but bought by Buckley.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
From my vantage point in the WSU it looked a pen. Not seen a replay yet though. Fair result in the end, we were the better team and the Gills tackling was just dreadful , they deserved to lose

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
First instinct from the WSL halfway line was that he was moving at pace and just lost his footing. Too far away to judge properly and haven't seen any replays. Still, if we got lucky, it's nice to think we finally have an atmosphere that might win us a few decisions from time to time.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Right in front of me & it was never a pen. Over-ran the ball & went down in hope.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
From the North it was a very transparent dive, he'd taken a heavy touch to overrun it and was already falling so he just left a leg out and found some contact. Makes up for the stonewall red for the challenge on Vincelot in my book, what goes around comes around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here