Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Wilkins really such a good coach

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Digweeds Trousers, whats another indisputable fact is that recent managers have not been particularly successful due to the lack of cash provided by a SKINT board.
Eventually it will be realised that it was the board that should have been replaced.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Every match, there are at least 5,000 'managers' in the stands, and NSC is packed with GREAT managers who would never lose a match, all the subs would turn the game into a win, and every kick and throw would yield an inspiring attack.

Yeah, that's it, that's what would happen.

And we would have CAVED in to Bas demands and O'Callaghans and Hammonds and signed Ronaldo and got Mourinho to work as assistant. OBVIOUSLY!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
His time in charge was littered with complaints from punters about poor techniques at throw ins, corners, free kicks etc. For me that is all part of coaching.

Perhaps we should just be saying he was excellent at developing young talent and leave it at that.:thumbsup:

Uncle C, I salute you for exploring another angle on DW and potentially going against the grain. Great question, this is what fantastic forums are all about.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Every match, there are at least 5,000 'managers' in the stands, and NSC is packed with GREAT managers who would never lose a match, all the subs would turn the game into a win, and every kick and throw would yield an inspiring attack.

Yeah, that's it, that's what would happen. :nono:

I see Kuipers kicking improved, the style and spirit of the team improved too, under Wilkins.

No doubt Uncle C would have managed a virtual revolution of Clough-at-Forest proportions, had he not missed his calling :laugh:

The single biggest improvement under Wilkins, for me, was the number of times that we came back from going a goal down to draw or win - especially with late goals. In the recent past, if we went a goal down, then that was often that for the game.

That changed under Wilkins.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The single biggest improvement under Wilkins, for me, was the number of times that we came back from going a goal down to draw or win - especially with late goals. In the recent past, if we went a goal down, then that was often that for the game.

That changed under Wilkins.

Yeah odd how seeing he was such a crap manager that his teams could turn around games they were trailing in, sometimes after he had made a tactical change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here