Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was this really SIX YEARS ago?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What was the quote "we've been looking for a cupset over the last two nights and we've finally got one at a little athletics stadium in Brighton against the richest team in the world"?

Murray made a mockery of Jo. Steve Cook had his number. Thomson looked like Lampard. Anyinsah was our Ronbinho. One of my favourite all time Albion games. I was 28 at the time and I ran across the pitch, with reckless abandon, like an 8 year old (tanked up on sugar) having been told they were goong to see Justin Fletcher at the weekend,

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What was the quote "we've been looking for a cupset over the last two nights and we've finally got one at a little athletics stadium in Brighton against the richest team in the world"?

Murray made a mockery of Jo. Steve Cook had his number. Thomson looked like Lampard. Anyinsah was our Ronbinho. One of my favourite all time Albion games. I was 28 at the time and I ran across the pitch, with reckless abandon, like an 8 year old (tanked up on sugar) having been told they were goong to see Justin Fletcher at the weekend,

2232: Absolutely remarkable. All week we've been hunting down cupsets, and late on Wednesday night we get a crackerjack. League One Brighton, in their little athletics stadium down by the south coast, have dumped oil rich billionaires Manchester City out of the Carling Cup. The real winner - football.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
2232: Absolutely remarkable. All week we've been hunting down cupsets, and late on Wednesday night we get a crackerjack. League One Brighton, in their little athletics stadium down by the south coast, have dumped oil rich billionaires Manchester City out of the Carling Cup. The real winner - football.

You made me smile. I thought that was impossible today. Thank you.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
No matter how good that victory was, the pitch invader in the electric wheelchair was easily the greatest thing about the night

scooter1

How soon is now?
Ha. Managed to blag a tkt for this from a solicitor friend of mine who'd been on call, and summoned to Crawley after one of his regulars had got collared lifting coats from River Island. I only got the tkt on the proviso that I'd keep him updated by text. Great night. Was it Matt Richards who took the decisive pen?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I had Manchester United fans congratulating me at the gym for about a month afterwards!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
What great memories, cant believe it was 6 years ago, watched from the very back of the south stand, and remember Kupiers getting up and casually walking away when he saved the penalty, proburaly one of the best games at Withdean

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
This was the one and only game where I've made up and started a chant. To the tune of Land of Hope and Glory, the words were "Our Joe's better than your Jo, our Joe's better than yours.", with reference to the mighty Joe Anyinsah. Ok, it didn't catch on, but I was mighty proud of it at the time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here