Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the signing of Adam Virgo the worst thing to happen pre-season?

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
absolutely not. Virgs was very solid today apart from one or two mis-cued headers .He was never going to get caught out for pace , and if MA could just leave him in one position for five f*cking minutes he might actually be able to prove that this is his best position . IMHO like....:blush:

Last edited:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
absolutely not. Virgs was very solid today apart from one or two mis-cued headers .He was never going to get caught out for pace , and if MA could just leave him in one position for five f*cking minutes he might actually be able to prove that this is his best position . IMHO like....:blush:

Do you think that he might appoint him as club captain? ;)

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Do you think that he might appoint him as club captain? ;)

god i hope not , despite my positive view on him he is not ready for that . Give hm some consistancy of position to prove himself and maybe in a year or two he will prove he is capable...

Whatever happens , he cant be blamed for the way MA does or does not use him.

From your winking are you saying you know something ?:p

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
After they resigned did they re-sign?

oh i see what you have done now, cor you are really clever I wish I had your brain and everything. You really are my hero

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
How on earth do you work that out? Virgo is a QUALITY centre-back. Probably the best at the club."

Wouldn't necessarily disagree. My point being that Virgs doesn't often play at centre back - but is guaranteed a place in the team somewhere else if he doesn't play there. Certainly not his fault but he seems to be picked "because he's Adam Virgo" not because he is the best player to play in that position. Can't help team spirit.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
No. The worst thing to happen pre-season was not sorting out our midfield properly and the failure to sign a decent back up striker. Virgo was a very good FREE transfer.

Wait until after the January transfer window has opened Paul. See what you think then.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
2 massive mistakes. first was sacking wendy. second was bringing adams back. was knight at the game today? wonder what he made of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here