Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it a vote against Labour or against GB?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
You could be right , but to be honest i think milliband has a bit of the william hague 'looks a bit weird' factor, i just dont think he comes across well with voters , you would see unparalelled usage of this if he were to become leader :lolol:
miliband-banana.jpg

:laugh: So true! They all look a bit weird though. Look at Johnson and Ed.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
One thing which guarantee that that scenario won't happen is if Brown and Clegg end up bumbling along trying to form a coalition. Give it 18 months - if that - then there'll be another General Election, and the Labour will disappear/implode.

My guess is whoever forms this next (coalition) government is taking on a poison chalice and will lose the next election - if nothing else because they are the ones who will have to make the unpopular cuts.

Spot on, which is why if I were Labour chiefs I would hope for a Cameron/Clegg team and to replace Brown with somone else.

They will have to at least outline spending plans for Departments very soon and thats when it will hit home how far cuts will have to be made.

Btw, I cant see a coalition keeping together much past October and I feel a snap election taking place very soon after.

Yoda

English & European
Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is the ever changing constuancy boundries and despite having a majority equal to one of Tony Blairs election wins, the way the voting areas have been structured has counted against the Tories.

They said in their coverage earlier that the current constituancy boundries favour the Labour party and maybe that is why the Conservatives failed to get a majority?

Don't all political parties when in power look to move these boundries to ensure that they are more likely to keep power in the next election?

The trouble with that is they were based on the last census which was 2001.

You think how much movement the could have been since then, and how much movement there HAS been since then by students.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
But as I wrote on another thread, given the circumstances, illegal war, high fuel prices, economic meltdown, bigotgate, expenses and Gordon Brown being up their with Gary Glitter in the popularity stakes......

And the Tories still cannot win, that says more about them than GB.

IMHO I think the best thing Clegg and the new Labour leader can do is let Dave have a minority government for the next few months with all the unpopular spending cuts and shitty financial mess to sort out, it will actually strengthen their position when the next poll comes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here