Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it a pen?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
From the South East in line with it it looked a stonewall pen, but seeing it from the camera angle last night it did not not look so blatant.
On film no, but at the actual game yes it was, if all that make sense :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nailed on penalty at the time and having seen the reply should definitely have been one but bollox to them as not given.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looking at the FLS coverage definitely not a pen. At the time I thought we'd got lucky and got away with it.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
How could it have been a pen. Adam isn't like that! More to the point, how did they keep 11 men on the field?..Noone was consistently kicked all over the place

I saw the replay on tv, and it was clear that the attacking player was intent on bullying AeA out of his way so he could get the ball.
Nobody has a right to do that, and when this larger fellow failed in his attempt, he went whinging to the referee.

Refs are not there to give one side preferential treatment over another.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watching from the WSL I thought it wasn't a penalty, as El Abd looked to be in front. I believed those who sat closer and said it was though.

having now seen it several times on the football league show, definitely not a penalty. El Abd was pulled back, so the foul could have been given to us.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Viewed from the WSU on Saturday - no pen

Viewed from my armchair on Football League Show - definitely no pen.

Both players tussling to get to the ball first - AEA turned out to be the stronger player.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Far too melodramatic a dive. That should say a lot, though at the time I was in two minds.

If a ref is in two minds, then it should NEVER be given as a penalty.

Having seen it on FLS, it was never a pen. Pathetic attempt at trying to get one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here