Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Hyypia the WRONG man for the JOB ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nobody knows yet. And that is an UNDISPUTED FACT. So another pointless thread (although I admit I haven't read any of it).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've said it before. There are two ways to get out of this division. You either spend big and back the manager. Or you get someone in who can work on a tight budget and has been there and done it before.....Sherwood and Ferdinand were the perfect combo for the job, but they would have needed backing in the transfer market, something we are obviously not prepared to do. And were probably to press friendly(something I doubt, Bloom wants after Poyet)....Then we should have gone for someone like Neil Warnock or Dave Jones for example....As it is, we done neither. I was not against Hyypia and I'm still not, but if he is not going to be backed, then he is pissing in the wind and we will be in the same boat again before the start of next season.

Woah hang on a second, you said that we needed someone who had extensive experience and knew what it took to get out of the Championship. How the hell is that Tim Sherwood? He had a few months in a dead-man-walking role at a club that had written off their season while they waited to get their real choice in.

Your blatant xenophobia is embarrassing. What you really mean is that you wanted someone English, regardless of who they were. Why is it so important? I assume you were happy watching the likes of Ulloa? What's the difference?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Kelly, quick, shag Ernest for Gods sake then his balls might drop and stop most of this utter drivel.
Wrong man for the job ffs

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
As everyone knows I'm one of the more INTELLIGANT posters on NSC and when Oscar FLOUNCED we NEEDED a different kind of manager to the FOREIGNERS especially now with the SELL them for a LOT and recruit them CHEAPLY transfer policy being ADOPTED.

We needed a manager who was WELL versed in the LOWER leagues who KNOWS the TALENT out there and not a Bundesliga FAILURE. I always said Steve Evans would have been an IDEAL fit, PASSIONATE in the dug out, RESPECTED through out the game and ULTRA Knowledgable about the lower leagues TALENT.

Maybe when Bloom REALISES this FOREIGN recruitment doesn't WORK he may get a manager who can do the job he wants him to.

Sorry - I am afraid I lost you after the word 'intelligent'......

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
G
Woah hang on a second, you said that we needed someone who had extensive experience and knew what it took to get out of the Championship. How the hell is that Tim Sherwood? He had a few months in a dead-man-walking role at a club that had written off their season while they waited to get their real choice in.

Your blatant xenophobia is embarrassing. What you really mean is that you wanted someone English, regardless of who they were. Why is it so important? I assume you were happy watching the likes of Ulloa? What's the difference?

Read again, I said unless your prepared to spend big money you need experience.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He could work better with what he's given by scrapping out full backs as wingers .

To early to properly put boot in about this but it won't work with these players

With these players we could get away with it until Sept with wingers as per before .

He's messed up and made things worse attempting new systems without the players

It's a fair point. Our main full backs are not pacy enough for this system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here