Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warwickshire v Sussex LV County Championship 11am ko

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A gentle slide towards defeat from here on I fear.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
190-3 a small but ever growing lead , will Edmund dangle a 200ish to win carrot at tea ? thats if by some odd quirk of fate we are still batting .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sssx 376/7 Robbo deciding that the Championship is beyond us.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It will we interesting to see what happens over the winter.

Sussex DECLARE. The team shake hands. DRAW.

I'm assuming that, a, there were not too many demons in the pitch, b, we didn't rate our chances of spinning them out, and c, it was only Warwickshire that could have won this if we had set a target. Therefore we batted out for the boredraw. I think the Tykes are home and hosed but I expect a right battle with Durham ahead as they could just catch them. As for Surrey, they dumped Grizzly and slotted Stewart in but there hasn't been a noticeable change in results.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure that Adams is necessarily the answer, has presided over some very expensive under achievers at Surrey plus their various off pitch issues. What about Peter Moores?
Only mentioned him because he appears to be between jobs at the moment. Would Peter Moores swap the Lancs job for ours...I'm not sure he would.

Anyway it's irrelevant at the moment.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
He's lost it big time this year. Its been a bit of a shambles if we're being honest.

Not really, I would describe this season as okay, we've done well in the championship (will finish top 3 and still have an outside chance of winning it), finished 3rd in our group in the pro40, and the T20 I admit was a disaster but you'll normally do badly in one of the comps, it's very hard to be a contender in all 3.

Robbo has been a superb coach and has won many trophies, including the county championship back to back, a trophy which before 2003 we had never won in our loooong history.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Correct....He's winner here. Have won nowt without him.

Yeah, like Surrey really set the cricket world alight, especially as Grizz had at least 3 times Robbos budget.
Robbo is the most successful coach in the country, why would we want Grizz who has a CV that says sacked at Surrey

We are bolloxed without Monty.
He may have not got many wickets this season, but he closed up an end so that the seamers could rotate.
Will Beer is superb in one day cricket, but in CC he cannot contain like Monty could.
There was only two results possible today, draw or Warks win.
As it stands, we could beat Durham twice and Yorks at home and win the CC, so every point in this game, was vital, and we got three for the draw.
We are 29 pts behind Yorks and 23.5 pts behind Durham. Yorks play us Middlesex and Surrey, Durham play us twice and Notts, so all to play forand those 3 pts could be crucial.

If Robbo got sacked, as some are calling for on here, then my membership with SCCC would end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here