Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall: Top bloke I'm sure......

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
but my god his co-commentating skills are, to be honest, shocking.

SCR really have struggled to fill this position for away games for as long as I can remember.

A particular highlight today was when he began an anecdote regarding a players nickname he had invented....only to forgot what it was halfway through resulting in 10 seconds of awkward silence :D

It's a shame we can't persuade Johnny Byrne to travel away.....

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
On the other hand he's unguarded enough to give some real insights like the fact Redknapp was asking about Dunk.

That moment when he forgot his own anecdote was hilarious. More Apinall I say.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

SCR really have struggled to fill this position for away games for as long as I can remember.

A particular highlight today was when he began an anecdote regarding a players nickname he had invented....only to forgot what it was halfway through resulting in 10 seconds of awkward silence :D

Byrnes voice is too whiney. Gary Chivers is the best.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Thought he refereed to Ankergren as Anchorman during his commentry as well. Seemed really negative throughout, much prefer Byrne.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

totally agree if you dont know the name of our players you should not be commentating

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the other hand he's unguarded enough to give some real insights like the fact Redknapp was asking about Dunk.

That moment when he forgot his own anecdote was hilarious. More Apinall I say.

Hilarious? And when he did remember it was no better.

Danny 4

Apr 10, 2008
Yes. The anecdote related to a former team mate who hated training on Mondays, therefore Mr Aspinall took it upon himself to name him ' Bob Geldof' ... should have just let that story die a death just like those few minutes of cringe worthy radio... still as long as they don't replace him with Robbie Savage.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I always liked Aspinall and thought he was a great little player on his day (anyone else remember that great goal he scored against us for Carlisle at the Goldstone?), but I don't think he has a future in the media...!

D

Deleted member 2719

I like Warren he is alright and appears to love us.

I liked the way he seemed proud to say we brought twice as many away fans to Ashton Gate as Pompey did!!

Ps they really don't get much cash for doing away commentry.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Charlie might chin him one for revealing his nickname was Pumpkin Head. He seemed to think it was hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here