Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Best manager in The Championship would love him to have been our manager at some time shows real passion for his players and the fans and has a great knowledge of the game to go with his many contacts.

Not that often I agree with what you write, but on this I'm 100% in agreement.

He once said he would love to manage us, and I for one would welcome him. Good contacts, passionate, knows his stuff.

I did hear on Saturday that he was allegedly in advanced talks with QPR, and would soon join them should certain matters not resolve themselves immediately at Palace.

If they had lost yesterday, he could even have gone today.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Absolute nutter and good entertainment. Why does anyone take him seriously ? Wouldnt mind him at Brighton though !! Does an excellent job at our level and championship.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always rather liked Warnock, but he made himself look like a twat yesterday.

Yes, after several replays, the linesman got it wrong for that corner, but not even the ITV commentator or summariser spotted it at the time, and I'm damned certain Warnock didn't either. He's only moaning having seen a replay and heard a couple of his players complaining. Even when ITV showed the replay immediately afterwards, they were admiring Speroni's save, and not a single one of them picked up the deflection off the Villa player, so I'm damned if I'm going to criticise the linesman for failing to spot it from thirty yards away.

Sorry Warnock, but you really have made an arse of yourself on this occasion. It was a simple officiating mistake, the likes of which happens every single game, not a life-changing catastrophe. Why aren't you ripping Shaun Derry a new arse for failing to pick up Petrov at the subsequent corner? Or is it only officials screw-ups that count?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
He has got a point about that Lino though. Same lino flagged Delfonsou offside about two minutes before the goal when he was easily about 3 yards onside, absolutely shocking decision. The lino laughed all the Villa fans' jeers off as he ran back to the halfway line. Prick. Not sure how easy the decision for the corner was but the offside one was a joke.

That was incredible.

I always wonder about errors like that. TV, managers, press, etc. always make a big deal if a (questionable) handball in the box isn't given, or a foul not given, but when a player is flagged, incorrectly, offside, when running throw 1 on 1*, it barely gets a mention at the time, let alone after, even though it's a very high chance of it leading to a goal.

*appreciate he wasn't in this case

Perhaps I should get a life.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Warnock is a very effective football manager.

_47302579_warnock282new.jpg

This picture is amusing though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What was Warnock's view of the ref's mistake in only giving Alan Lee a yellow, for throwing an elbow?

A particularly handy mistake from Colin Wanker's point of view, as Lee really should be suspended for the replay.

I guess he probably didn't see it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And it is a useful exercise to be a linesman under the current active and inactive rules. It is almost impossible. I enjoy shouting at a linesman more than most - but I do appreciate how difficult it is. Warnock is an arse.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would LOVE it. Absolutely LOVE it if he was our manager.

We would win every f***ing game at withdean for a start.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The managers that just go on & on about the officials really do bore me.
He is one of the worst, if not the worst.
Others that can't get through an interview without complaining about the officials, Allardyce & Bruce. So f***ing boring & predictable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here