Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont get it. if Blooms open to the posibility of paying compensation for the right person, then doesnt that more or less open up the possiblities to anyone? why then Warnock, are you suggesting he is the best manager around?

of is this just :fishing:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Too many managers have fallen out with Warnock for it to be coincidence - Megson, Ternant, Wenger, Worthington, Houllier.

I remember talking to a Sheff Utd fan after they beat us 4-2 a few years ago and he said that he'd had enough of other clubs hating his club because of Warnock's antagonistic behaviour. Wouldn't want that at Brighton!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
f*** it, why not go all out for the Uber-**** of British Football, "Sir" Alex Ferguson?

Warnock? No thanks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He loves this club. I remember he devoted his entire manager's notes to us a few years back. And when he was pressed about it at a later date said he loves the area and has happy memories as he scored one of his best goals at the Goldstone (I'm sure a lot of people have done this though).

But, I also have heard he reads poetry AND wears moisturiser AND can drive a tractor. A man's man if you ask me.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
i dont get it. if Blooms open to the posibility of paying compensation for the right person, then doesnt that more or less open up the possiblities to anyone? why then Warnock, are you suggesting he is the best manager around?

of is this just :fishing:

I'm not fishing, but just reading through Blooms criteria. The bookies have Coppell/Wise etc as favourites. And as I said I would want Coppell. But if not and we need to looking at a manager already employed by a club, then that person must have experience of championship and getting teams out of leagues.

We will not get any current Premier league managers and I cant think of many current L1/2 managers who fit the bill either. So that leaves current Championship managers. We wont get any that are with clubs that are near the top, so I was just looking at clubs mid table/lower in Championship. Warnock sprang to mind. He fits the bill and might be available and might want to come. But I would want Coppell

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Am I the only one who thinks Warnock is a bit of a knob?

No. I think the bloke is a complete tosser.

I would rather have Wise............

well, almost

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
It would be a lovely feeling to poach Palace staff to be honest. It will finally feel like the tide is turning after 20 years of being second best to them.

Imagine it - we nick their manager, move into a new stadium and get promoted while they have no pot to piss in, a ranting embarrassing chairman and relegation certaintly.

Happy times ahead.

I think you'll find that's nearer 30 years.

This thread sums up your delusions of grandeur. Why would he move to a team at the foot of Div 3, with no recent record of bringing kids through (Jake Robinson anyone) from Palace, where he actually has a very good relationship with the chairman and total control of the squad etc.

You'll get Wise - which is who you deserve.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not fishing, but just reading through Blooms criteria. The bookies have Coppell/Wise etc as favourites.

maybe im missing something, but where exactly are Bloom's criteria published? I cant find them on Seagulls site or Argus. i also dont really see how *any* criteria could be devised that would lead to the favorites mentioned, who are quite different, and excluding all others. bookies favorite says who mug punters are putting their money on, not a measure of probablity.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
maybe im missing something, but where exactly are Bloom's criteria published? I cant find them on Seagulls site or Argus. i also dont really see how *any* criteria could be devised that would lead to the favorites mentioned, who are quite different, and excluding all others. bookies favorite says who mug punters are putting their money on, not a measure of probablity.

Ok, the criteria is probbaly something I read on NSC. But it cant be that far from what it really is. I mean, what else could it be. Someone who has a track record of bringing on young players as we have no money, or someone who has a track record of having relegations, or someone who has done extremely well at Conference level.

I thought the criteria is a given. Not easy to find with someone with that type of CV, which is why its gonna be hard for Bloom. Just thought that if it isn't the so called favs, then Warnock fits that bill.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Warnock is one of the biggest c***s in football and i want him to have nothing to do with us.

He really is a grade a :wanker:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'd love it, the Palace fans would be slapped in the face with the slowly dawning reality that our situations are relentlessly reversing and that the future is bleak for their ramshackle club and ground, whilst we have a bright future and it's not orange :thumbsup:
Yup! Even if we just poach him off Palace, employ him for a week or so and then sack him saying "Naa he wasn't good enough for us."

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think you'll find that's nearer 30 years.

This thread sums up your delusions of grandeur. Why would he move to a team at the foot of Div 3, with no recent record of bringing kids through (Jake Robinson anyone) from Palace, where he actually has a very good relationship with the chairman and total control of the squad etc.

You'll get Wise - which is who you deserve.

Can't pay playing staff ? Yes big team not. Next stops, Administration, 10 point deduction, League one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't pay playing staff ? Yes big team not. Next stops, Administration, 10 point deduction, League one.

They are all in denial and whenever anyone suggests they are in DEEP shit keep themselves happy by continually regurgitating the facts of a result from years ago against a club who had pulled off a miracle just getting to the Championship for a season.

I'm reminded of the song "The times they are a changing"

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
He lives in Cornwall and commutes for 4 days a week to Palace.

Personally I would rather a manager managed the team and lived nearer incase they are needed - and to make team bonding easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here