Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock fuming.......

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
"Warnock fumed, claiming the first came well into a second minute when a minimum of one had been signalled by the fourth official."

That's right it's a minimum of one minute added time, what's your problem?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
80's Seagull said:
"Warnock fumed, claiming the first came well into a second minute when a minimum of one had been signalled by the fourth official."

That's right it's a minimum of one minute added time, what's your problem?
Exactly. There was a stoppage for a corner and a free kick in that time so he would have added a bit of time on for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would he have been grumbling if HIS side had scored two minutes into injury time at the end of the first half? His comparison with Old Trafford is ridiculous. The normal whinge there is that the whistle only blows once Man Yoo have equalised or gone in front. Here it is because the blunts CONCEDED at a silly time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
brighton_b0y said:
lovely! only their 3rd defeat in 23 :clap2:

And the fact Warnock is a ranting old fool !!!

Some managers I really dislike, he is one of them.

No where near Barry 'The Legend' Fry!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just posted this to the editor of Yorkshire Post...

Headline: How Would You Like Your Grapes, Mr Warnock?

Sir,

As a life-long Brighton & Hove Albion supporter, I have witnessed many games in which the Albion have either been 'mugged' as your reporter Robert Gledhill puts it in his report of Saturday's game at Bramall Lane, or have done the mugging.

West Ham Utd were 'mugged' by Brighton earlier this season when we won the game totally against the run of play. That, in essence, is what a 'mugging' is. Neil Warnock, however, is well aware that his team were second-best on Saturday. Unfortunately, he is unable to admit it publicly. He is also aware that the time flagged up by the referee's assistant at the end of each half is the 'minimum' time that should be added on. Richard Carpenter's opening goal, therefore, was perfectly legitimate.

If Warnock had a decent complaint - for example, Tottenham's recent goal that never was - then his anger would be understandable. But to blame the referee when it's his own side's defensive frailties that are to blame smacks of sour grapes. Grow up Warnock.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I've noticed that the "no disrespect but we've got to be beating sides like Brighton" quote has disappeared lately. I thought that Warnock would be a prime candidate to use it but he chose to have a pop at the ref instead. Did Hoddle use it after the 1-1 draw at Wolves?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
eastlondonseagull said:
Just posted this to the editor of Yorkshire Post...

Headline: How Would You Like Your Grapes, Mr Warnock?

Sir,

As a life-long Brighton & Hove Albion supporter, I have witnessed many games in which the Albion have either been 'mugged' as your reporter Robert Gledhill puts it in his report of Saturday's game at Bramall Lane, or have done the mugging.

West Ham Utd were 'mugged' by Brighton earlier this season when we won the game totally against the run of play. That, in essence, is what a 'mugging' is. Neil Warnock, however, is well aware that his team were second-best on Saturday. Unfortunately, he is unable to admit it publicly. He is also aware that the time flagged up by the referee's assistant at the end of each half is the 'minimum' time that should be added on. Richard Carpenter's opening goal, therefore, was perfectly legitimate.

If Warnock had a decent complaint - for example, Tottenham's recent goal that never was - then his anger would be understandable. But to blame the referee when it's his own side's defensive frailties that are to blame smacks of sour grapes. Grow up Warnock.

Yours faithfully,

That is spot on ELS

Can I just point out in Wanock's defence that his programme notes were really suppoprtive of BHA generally and Falmer in particular. O, and he said the record is very good as well.

Neil Warnock:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Blimey, never tought I 'd see myself writing that after 1990-91:eek:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
In all fairness to Warnock he hasn't actually said Brighton were lucky or anything like that. And he did put it down to sloppy defending on his TV interviews; although we did slice them apart with our passing from what I saw.

Warnock has always spoken up in favour of Falmer too, and been quite complimentary about our supporters.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Curious Orange said:
In all fairness to Warnock he hasn't actually said Brighton were lucky or anything like that. And he did put it down to sloppy defending on his TV interviews; although we did slice them apart with our passing from what I saw.

Warnock has always spoken up in favour of Falmer too, and been quite complimentary about our supporters.
Shit, had better write them a PS too then :(

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
We were owed that 'luck' from the 2-4 game at withdean 2 years or so ago, swings and roundabouts mr Warnock

He was smiling in his post-match interview on the Championship. I wonder if he's ever done that after a defeat before :D He likes us I think.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I also suspect that the journo has made a mountain out of one little comment. I get the impression Warnock was 95% fair in his post-match assessment, just one little whinge, and yet the press lead with that.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Regarding the 'little Brighton' remarks, I notice that Butler - Leeds skipper - said something similar about us and Gillingham. These comments have a habit of rebounding.

Warnock, on the other hand, was saying what a dangerous team we could be last week. It was the Sheff U fans that were predicting 4-0 and 5-1.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Listened to the post match interview on BBC Sheffield and thought he was very fair and thoughtful, although he couldn't resist a little swipe at the injury time goal.

To be fair we also were shouting at the referee to blow for time when the free kick was being taken.

He made a nice comment about Butters, likening him to Taggart of Stoke, whe he said had played with a fag in his mouth. Fairly immobile and should be easy to expose with a bit of pace, but organises the players around him so well, that the lack of pace never matters.

I think it was a compliment of sorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here