Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning: save your avatar picture if you want to keep it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having been logged out of NSC just now, I noticed how many people still have broken avatars and, for those with avatars turned off, including guests, this looks pretty ugly.

The most practical way of dealing with this is to turn off avatars for ALL users.

Those users who then want an avatar can update their settings and all those who don't, including those who are currently broken, will just simply have no avatar.

So, if you want to keep your avatar, save a copy of it locally now so you can easily re-apply it.

I will be turning all avatars off sometime around 8pm on Wednesday 12th October, so make sure you save a copy before then.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is this on the level, or is it because Steve Jobs' funeral will be streamed online?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What exactly is the point of this?

Those of us who have avatars now had to go and find them again last time you broke it!

Just leave them alone :rant:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What exactly is the point of this?

Those of us who have avatars now had to go and find them again last time you broke it!

Just leave them alone :rant:

The point is that, at a guess, at least 50% of the avatars are broken - they're pointing to files that are not there. However there is no programmatic way of just turning avatars off for those people, so I'll turn them off for everyone.

People who want avatars can then immediately set theirs as required.

If you save your avatar locally now, which is why I'm giving warning, then you will have to spend 30 seconds tops to put it back next week. Is that really such a drama?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for the advance warning

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
When is iOS5 available for download?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here