Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warning About What You Post On A Message Board

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's Facebook, not a message board. They'll both get a much better life out of prison than they ever would living free in Glasgow though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So no comments about our inbred neighbours from Hampshire then ???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Same difference, I would imagine. Just slightly harder to trace the offender, but only slightly.

Well it's very easy to make yourself anonymous on a message board if you try, a bit harder when you're posting with your real name.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Hmmmm....ive been trying to find out how to complain about the gay kiss thread...do the moderators realise that this is actually hate crime stuff and they need to deal with it pdq?had enough homophobia from soton fans after game today so dont expect it from bha fans..

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hmmmm....ive been trying to find out how to complain about the gay kiss thread...do the moderators realise that this is actually hate crime stuff and they need to deal with it pdq?had enough homophobia from soton fans after game today so dont expect it from bha fans..

Just don't look at NSC, it's for the best.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Right...so i assume thats because i shouldnt dare be here and be unhappy about homophobia?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Right...so i assume thats because i shouldnt dare be here and be unhappy about homophobia?

Oh I agree entirely that Homophobia is wrong, but in my relatively short time here I've seen this board change decidedly for the worse because of what I will term the PC Brigade sticking their noses in places it didn't need to be. Block PublicSchoolBoy (you won't miss anything), and block whatever homophobic posts were made (although please be aware that an awful lot of comments on this board are made in a tongue-in-cheek fashion that takes a while to spot) and don't open threads if you think they will contain things you don't want to see.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Have just read through the thread and there is only 1 homophobic comment, surely just block the user and shake your hands of it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well it's very easy to make yourself anonymous on a message board if you try, a bit harder when you're posting with your real name.

message boards are just as tracable as Facebook, unless you are deliberatly trying to evade detection. facebook is marginly easy to trace if you are posting loads of personal info obviously, plod probably doesnt even need to ask facebook/ISP for details.

so the warning, that what you say on message boards can get you into trouble, stands.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
No...at least three homophobic comments-and its not acceptable to have to ignore it-if it was on issues of race it would be blocked.quite apart fom the moral issue here it is now a hate crime and needs dealing with as such....but i still cant work out how to report!!:facepalm:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
message boards are just as tracable as Facebook, unless you are deliberatly trying to evade detection. facebook is marginly easy to trace if you are posting loads of personal info obviously, plod probably doesnt even need to ask facebook/ISP for details.

so the warning, that what you say on message boards can get you into trouble, stands.

Well yes if you are not trying to evade detection you caught, same with any crime

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No...at least three homophobic comments-and its not acceptable to have to ignore it-if it was on issues of race it would be blocked.quite apart fom the moral issue here it is now a hate crime and needs dealing with as such....but i still cant work out how to report!!:facepalm:

Can you do me a favour then and point out the other 2 (or more? ??? ) because all I see is 'turd burglar' if you honestly think something like the Bacardi and coke line is ban worthy then I do genuinely wish you get the f*** off this board post haste.

Edit: Ok no there are two because I had missed the 'pinko' line because I'd skipped over PSBs posts, but then you'd only find that offensive if you're an uptight prick, so please just get off this board.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

You can press the little triangle beneath your post count and report to a mod. I hope you were not referring to my comment on that thread. It was a silly stereotypical jibe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here