Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy coming for march

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
bhaexpress said:
Ah yes, but how many of us had the pleasure of seeing him play ?

I also used to make my Mum drive me to Waterhall to watch him (& others) train, You could mingle & get autographs afterwards too. :clap2:

I was 8/9/10 at the time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Eddie the Seagull said:
I also used to make my Mum drive me to Waterhall to watch him (& others) train, You could mingle & get autographs afterwards too. :clap2:

I was 8/9/10 at the time.

I did that with a mate of mine once, I worked shifts in those days, I was very surprised at how approachable and friendly the players were.

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Great news.

If he can take the time out to FLY back over here from the US, just for the Falmer march, what excuses can anyone possibly have over here for NOT turning out for the march!!!

Top player & top bloke!!!

Altogether now, at no.1 it's Peter Ward......

Dandyman said:
As one on those who started going to Albion games toward the end of the 1975/76 season, I did. Have to to say I am still dealing with the level of expectation the 1976-79 era gave me. :D

Me too. An even older git as I started watching at an older age than most, in the year of the Soton / Tottenham stitch up game ('77/78 ?).

Saw Wardy hundreds of times and was at Newcastle for the May '79 win to get into the top league.

Mind you, hear he was happy to come over hear to escape those nasty winds coming up from the Caribbean.

But he should be given the Freedon of the City(ies) of B and H:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:dance:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Hiney said:
At 46 years old, I certainly did.

The word 'Legend' is often over-used but for Albion fans, Peter Ward is totally deserving of it.

His goals propelled us into the top flight and gave me some of my best memories as an Albion fan

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
couldnt have put it better myself......except im only 45 (and 3 quarters)!

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
I saw him play and what a delight it was to watch him and Spider destroy the opposition, hope I get to see him on Monday, better than Zamora to bleeding right he was.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Peter Ward THE most exciting player I have EVER had the pleasure of watching:clap: :clap: :clap:

Simply sensational.......what a tragedy most of it isn't captured on film......Wardy, if you're reading this.......thanks for coming over for the march and thanks for the fantastic memories!:clap: :clap: :clap:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
"As one on those who started going to Albion games toward the end of the 1975/76 season, I did. Have to to say I am still dealing with the level of expectation the 1976-79 era gave me. "

Glad Im not the only one with expectations of greatness stemming from 30 years ago, that side was magic.
30th anniversary of watching the Albion is v Luton in march

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here