Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"War on Terrorism" - is it hopeless ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Al Queda sympathisers

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
One of the problems with ETA is the same as that we face in Northern Ireland. Apart from the actual declaration of independence the Basque region has about as much independence they could possibly want - essentially ETA's cause has gone. Now though you have a group of career terrorists who have gone from being folk heroes to unemployed and uneducated lowlifes of society - so what do they do now? They keep being terrorists, it provides them with a sense of importance, adrenaline and purpose. In Northern Ireland they have either continued to fight or become gangsters (or respectable politicians of course).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its the whole " I deplore the attacks in Madrid but if the USA hadn't done this 50 years ago blah blah blah ". The whole world is falling apart and it is the Middle East largely responsible not the USA in my book.

I honestly think we are past the point of no return, well if they want the final showdown, bring it on.

How can you negotiate or even understand someone who thinks it is right to strap on some bombs and kill ordinary women and children " in the name of the Koran " or think it is reasonable to fly airplanes into tower blocks killing 3000 workers from 80 countries including Muslims !.

You cannot, I would rather die trying to beat this scum called Al Queda / Islam/ Koran whatever than give them an inch.

DONT EVEN TRY AND JUSTIFY THEIR ACTIONS !.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Eastleigh Seagull said:
One of the problems with ETA is the same as that we face in Northern Ireland. Apart from the actual declaration of independence the Basque region has about as much independence they could possibly want - essentially ETA's cause has gone. Now though you have a group of career terrorists who have gone from being folk heroes to unemployed and uneducated lowlifes of society - so what do they do now? They keep being terrorists, it provides them with a sense of importance, adrenaline and purpose. In Northern Ireland they have either continued to fight or become gangsters (or respectable politicians of course).

Or continue to run the protection rackets which of course is encompassed in the gangsters bracket.

If you care to one day call me an AQ sympathiser to my face perhaps we can discuss this :angry:

You evidentally don't have the knowledge or intelligence to think things through and come up with something other than the standard tabloid shite.

Last edited:

Nobody has tried to justify their actions. Contextualise them, perhaps, but without seeking that kind of understanding you stand no chance at all of 'winning' whatever putative war you think is going on.

You complain about the closed minds of others, the fundamentalist assertions of those that think they are totally right, morally and politically, then you come out with that kind of trash.

tsk tsk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Gareth Glover said:
Its the whole " I deplore the attacks in Madrid but if the USA hadn't done this 50 years ago blah blah blah ". The whole world is falling apart and it is the Middle East largely responsible not the USA in my book.

I honestly think we are past the point of no return, well if they want the final showdown, bring it on.

How can you negotiate or even understand someone who thinks it is right to strap on some bombs and kill ordinary women and children " in the name of the Koran " or think it is reasonable to fly airplanes into tower blocks killing 3000 workers from 80 countries including Muslims !.

You cannot, I would rather die trying to beat this scum called Al Queda / Islam/ Koran whatever than give them an inch.

DONT EVEN TRY AND JUSTIFY THEIR ACTIONS !.

Gareth - no-one, least of all me, would ever justify Al Queda's actions. If and it's still a big if at the moment, it turns out to be Al Queda then you can't help but wonder about the wisdom of our foreign policy over recent years. Nothing wrong with that. People are allowed to ask questions in a democracy aren't they?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some people on here don't have the knowledge or intelligence than just to trot off the tired old tabloid anti USA rantings to give creedance to Al Queda murdering 200 people in their latest jolly. Blinkered I may be but so are you.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Don't worry, we've got our top man on it:

cheney.jpg

Gareth Glover said:
Some people on here don't have the knowledge or intelligence than just to trot off the tired old tabloid anti USA rantings 'to give creedance to Al Queda murdering 200' people in their latest jolly. Blinkered I may be but so are you.

And exactly where did I, or anyone else, do that?? :angry: :censored: :censored:

Don't try to back up your ill-informed personal insults unless you are willing to do it face to face one day.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
rs- I did not direct my response to you but you seem to think I have. I am sick and tired of the old rantings justifying Al Queda and there is plenty of it on here , just go through the thread and read it again.

Gareth Glover said:
rs- I did not direct my response to you but you seem to think I have. I am sick and tired of the old rantings justifying Al Queda and there is plenty of it on here , just go through the thread and read it again.

No, YOU go through the thread and quote the justifications to us. You are making wild accusations here about posters, and you need to back them up with evidence.

Gareth Glover said:

As I was and am one who questions and trys to understand at least a little the root cause of the entire situation, and in so doing questions US and UK foreign policy I took it as an insult to my integrity and justifications.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do question strongly the anti USA vitriol generally on NSC, not just this thread. It is rascist and I have to question some people's motives and the justification for such hatred. They seem to back up the Arabs states but condemn the USA at every possible opportunity and this thread proves that again.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
in what way? Still no examples of what you accuse others of doing. There is a big difference between being Ant-American and anti-George Bush. Surely you must see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here