Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War on Seagulls - and this doesn't mention Falmer

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Once again Brighton council are persecuting Seagulls (it should give Palarse fans a laugh and right now they need one).

Seagulls

Last edited:

How the hell is that an attack on Seagulls by Brighton and Hove Council? I agree with what Bodfish says. I live in Southover Street which is in the Hanover area of Brighton. We have idiot/lazy/selfish residents here who put their rubbish out sometimes 2-3 days before the dustmen are due. So what happens? Mr and Mrs Herring Gull come down off the roofs to peck the bin liners to bits in search of food. The residents need to be more responsible. It's not always Herring Gulls either, foxes do it too. So from redaing the article all i can say is that Ken Bodfish is not blaming the birds but the residents!
But the council could do more when the rubbish is collected, i.e if the bags are split it would be nice if the dustmen could clean them up, they used to years ago but now they are under more pressure after cutbacks on the crews that man the dustcart.
But this problem would be solved if residents only put their bags out on the day of the rubbish collection.

miguelpea

Sep 17, 2004
Near the park.
Bodfish is right.

They do kill ducklings in parks.
But it goes much deeper than this.

They also carry off babies and pet dogs.

I was tragically orphaned at the age of four when a herring gull grabbed my fathers hillman minx estate car.

I was able to scramble through the window to safety but my poor mother and father were taken to a rooftop nesting site and fed to young seagulls.

Their skellingtons were found 3 weeks later with all the flesh ripped away but strangely their eyeballs still socketed.

Statistically around the UK over 18,000 people perish at the hands of seagulls every year.

Stop feeding them in the name of god.

Be aware that they have a particular passion for Marmite, Avocados and Alpha betti spaghetti.

Nab them Grab them Bash them Smash them.
Stop those seagulls now.

:rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes very droll. I was hoping that my original post would generate something like that, well done miguel :) :)

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I think your link has gone awol ...........

Grief for beach tragedy victim Abbie, 3
by Karen Hoy

The devastated family of a three-year-old girl who was crushed by a tonne of sand have paid tribute to their "fearless baby".

Abbie Livingstone-Nurse suffocated when the walls of the 5ft sandpit she had been digging with her brother Joe collapsed in on them. Despite the frantic efforts of her mother, Pippa Livingstone, and stepfather Ian Sayer, Abbie could not be saved.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well it was ripped of the Argus web site anyway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bodfish is only pissed because he lives across the road from Queens Park where the Seagulls rule with an iron claw. You can't eat a sarnie in the park without fear of being raped of your lunch or pooed on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not anymore ! Actually it's because that story has shifted down the Argus web site so I changed it. It's a frivellous post I know but it was supposed to raise a smile, sorry about that.

Cabbage_Face

Aug 10, 2005
We have seaguls in southampton they are mainly friendly, lets say pidgeon size.

I came back to Brighton a month ago and i got attacked by a seagull a proper Brighton seagull. It was the size of a Mini.

I love setting fire to my eyebrows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here