Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Guns 'n' Roses

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Stone Roses are the Nuts, its an insult to even measure them against some 80s soft metal outfit.

The debut album is the most timeless piece of music I have ever come across and still gets regular airtime on my stereo 14 years after its first play. LEGENDRY!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
and to the best of my knowledge ian brown never wore lycra.
i take everybody that voted gnr also like the darkness.
so you must love lycra.

:eek:

Oct 25, 2003
not a massive fan of either- but stone roses are better

guns 'n' roses had quite a lot of 'anthems' but at the end of the day they're shite(especially with axl turned them ultra gay)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Guns + Roses for me.punk:

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
Stone Roses were great, ICA, Ally Pally, Spike Island, last tour at the Centre.
Too many memories.

GnR all I can remember is that they were shit. Spinal Tap anyone?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stone Roses made the best debut album of all time (Steps excluded from contention of course)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
punk:

Guns 'n' Roses!

I want to vote again! I can't believe that people actually prefer the stone roses? Drivel!

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Stone Roses.

Their album topped an Observer Poll of the best 100 albums recently

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lammy said:
punk:

Guns 'n' Roses!

I want to vote again! I can't believe that people actually prefer the stone roses? Drivel!

I believe Graham Barrett is a big Guns and Roses fan too:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Guns N' Roses by a mile.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
MYOB said:
Neither. Stone Roses are overrated, seriously. And Axl Rose is a tosser.

yep i must agree that axl rose is a tosser and gnr are shite. but personally i would say that the stone roses were one of the most under rated bands ever. it seemed at the time that most people preferred the happy mondays to the stone roses and i must say that even though i did like the mondays they were over rated. how can you say the roses were over rated when they sold so many copys of the second coming even after the music critics slated it.
people bought it because they liked it so much despite of the slating it recieved. in other words it sold because of its quality. and nobody thought they would be able to produce a second album of such quality. they proved the world wrong.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
graz126 said:
yep i must agree that axl rose is a tosser and gnr are shite. but personally i would say that the stone roses were one of the most under rated bands ever. it seemed at the time that most people preferred the happy mondays to the stone roses and i must say that even though i did like the mondays they were over rated. how can you say the roses were over rated when they sold so many copys of the second coming even after the music critics slated it.
people bought it because they liked it so much despite of the slating it recieved. in other words it sold because of its quality. and nobody thought they would be able to produce a second album of such quality. they proved the world wrong.

The critics got bored waiting for it i reckon. It did take them 5 years to release their follow up but it seems that is was well worth the wait.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
graz126 said:

Well if we're going by that logic Guns 'n' Roses pisses on Stone Roses!

Appetite for Destruction = 15 million sold (still sells over 9,000 a week in the US alone)

Use your illusions 1 & 2 = 22 million

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here