Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want to vote Lib Dem but won't

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
How many NSC'ers want to vote Lib Dem but simply won't because of Lewes District Councils nasty and vindictive stance on Falmer getting built? Where I live in Burwash the constituency is Bexhill and Battle, one of the safest Tory seats in the country, little point in voting I know, but with no Green candidate (who I'd like to vote for) I'm left with little or no choice.

I wonder how many of us feel the same and has anyone let their local Lib Dems know?

**I'll add David Bellotti to that as well

Last edited:

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
living in lewes im split, a very safe lib dem seat, so no chance of an upset. i had always voted lim dem when i lived in Eastbourne (prior to you know who) and that was wasted as its a tory stronghold.
If we had the voting as in the usa, im sure clegg would win

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
This is a question to which I do not know the answer: were the greens not very much opposed to Falmer too?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
living in lewes im split, a very safe lib dem seat, so no chance of an upset. i had always voted lim dem when i lived in Eastbourne (prior to you know who) and that was wasted as its a tory stronghold.

Eastbourne is a marginal seat - any decent surge by Lib Dems will win that.

It should be noted that the winner of popular vote doesn't always win in the US. Al Gore won more votes than Dubya but didn't win.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

The Lib Dem candidate for our area came to my house during the last election and I told her my thoughts, she told me she was'nt against the stadium but when I checked the list of local prospective MP's opposed to it, it turned out she was. She told me this bare faced lie in my kitchen :rant:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a question to which I do not know the answer: were the greens not very much opposed to Falmer too?

No, not really. Keith Taylor raised some objections but they abided by the council decision. The only Brighton councillor to vote against was Lib Dem

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

In principal yes, but said they would agree with whatever the government decision was. The Lib Dems in Lewes waged a nasty and vindictive campaign against Brighton and Hove in my opinion and thats all the whole thing was about in reality.

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
Eastbourne is a marginal seat - any decent surge by Lib Dems will win that.

It should be noted that the winner of popular vote doesn't always win in the US. Al Gore won more votes than Dubya but didn't win.

not having lived there for over 4 years i will take your word for that. When Ian Gow (rip) not in a million yrs was it marginal ever.
There is no way the polls that come up after the debates will ring true in the overall voting. which is a shame

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
Also the Conservative in Lewes seems like a good geezer and his brother or brother in law are on the board at the mighty stripes. He wanted falmer but has a cat in hells chance or beating Norm

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Absolutely totally 100% with you. I will never, never, never vote Lib Dem ever again. Their totally vindictive petty campaign against Brighton and Hove Albion FC was almost personal to me. Brighton (mainly Dick Knight and the board) spent millions of pounds of there own money in solicitors fees/planning applications (not on players on the pitch) etc and we as a club have wasted probably a minimum of 5 years fighting them at every corner, while they abused Council Tax money, ignored a huge public vote in favour of the stadium, locked people out of council meetings whom wanted to have their say (how's that for democracy) lied on a technicality about an Area of Outstanding natural beauty (yeah right with a dual carriage way going through it). They more than any party Labour or Conservative have caused our club and therefore me so much arseache over these last 5/10 years they can shove Nick Clegg's PR polished performance up their backside. People should remember this before they put an X next to Liberal Democrat.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Absolutely totally 100% with you. I will never, never, never vote Lib Dem ever again. Their totally vindictive petty campaign against Brighton and Hove Albion FC was almost personal to me. Brighton (mainly Dick Knight and the board) spent millions of pounds of there own money in solicitors fees/planning applications (not on players on the pitch) etc and we as a club have wasted probably a minimum of 5 years fighting them at every corner, while they abused Council Tax money, ignored a huge public vote in favour of the stadium, locked people out of council meetings whom wanted to have their say (how's that for democracy) lied on a technicality about an Area of Outstanding natural beauty (yeah right with a dual carriage way going through it). They more than any party Labour or Conservative have caused our club and therefore me so much arseache over these last 5/10 years they can shove Nick Clegg's PR polished performance up their backside. People should remember this before they put an X next to Liberal Democrat.

That should get quoted in the Argus tomorrow (hopefully):clap2::clap2:

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets

chillax mate

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
chillax mate

Everything I state is true. Brighton supporters should remember what they did if they are thinking of voting Lib Dems. Our worst enemies could not have done more to hurt the club. Stanley, Archer, belloti lost us the Goldstone. The Lib Dems, in Lewes District Council and Norman Baker tried everything they could to stop us from getting a new one, abusing democracy and Council Tax money in the process. It shows them in their true light, fit to govern my ar5e.

Last edited:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
its true we wouldnt have got the stadium without labour in power, but are we to hold on to our liberal hatred til we die irrespective of any other aspect of our life being affected by politics? Ive always tried to vote to keep the tories out and as labour is a complete nonstarter in our area theres only one real alternative.

I sympathise with the Bexhill and battle dilemma cos thats my catchment too and i too used to vote liberal in eastbourne but what else can you do, i cant vote for a minority cos theyre a waste of time and we only get a chance once every 5 yrs it seems a shame to waste it. As for Eastbourne I think LLoyd has a cracking chance of beating Nigel Waterson and have read that the tories think its all but lost already, at least Lloyd lives in Eastbourne, unlike Waterson who resides in Bexleyheath!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here