Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want cheaper petrol?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm in as well despite driving as little as possible these days.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good idea. I'll have a piece of that.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
In. It's a variation on what the supermarkets already do (ie give you a pence-per-litre discount on your till receipt). Might work, and might have the side benefit of forcing all the oil companies to reduce prices to stay in line.

However, that fat Scottish git in Number 11 is still the biggest bandit when it comes to making money out of fuel.....

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
i'm in as well

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hmmm. I dont want to piss on anyones fireworks but theres somthing not right about this site. The idea that you'll get 5-10p discount is laughable when its reckoned that the forecourt typically makes less than that profit on each litre.

I cant help but feel this is a scam to harvest email details.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
HampshireSeagulls said:
However, that fat Scottish git in Number 11 is still the biggest bandit when it comes to making money out of fuel.....

Whilst I've signed up, I must disagree with the point you make here.

It is not "The fat git in number 11 making money out of fuel" it is the GOVERNMENT making the money. This money is then spent on the country (in general) in our hospitals and schools etc.

It is also not true that only a few people are being stung with this. It is the whole country. People that do the most miles are doing it for a company and so are able to claim the money back. The company then in turn passes these costs onto the customer. So we are all paying.

My argument is with oil companies being very quick to raise the price and yet very slow to drop it. This is probably helped by our negative media. How often is it a headline that fuel prices have dropped? Often none of us even know!

These companies are amoung the riches in the world! They should easily be able to absorb some of the impact of varying oil prices to keep the price at the pump more constant.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Kaney said:
done and done

Not a lot of point you doing it Kaney. Your going to get banned for speeding:p :lolol: :lolol:

swissseagull

Dec 16, 2003
Baden, Switzerland
Ben SCAMmell

Don't want to spoil things but isn't the name abit obvious?

As to the oil companies, they do react really slowly in the uk. Over here (Switzerland) and of course the companies are the same, they'll react up or down almost immediately depending on the current spot prices. Guess people don't complain enough in the UK

With peak oil production around the corner, ypu haven't seen anything yet...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here