Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wall ,Palace, Cardiff

First evening game Palace - would the police really want that with the post-game tracks fun?

Surely a Saturday 3pm would be better to allow more time for people to get away.

Don't worry about palarse, they get away very fast, as usual.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I'm sure the game at Selhurst is down to the idiots who caused trouble last season. Our police costs have gone up and as we all know, the OB control football...sad but true.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
last time we played cardiff, right in thinking,the northern? london rd

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's not all about the police issue. There are simply not enough Saturdays in the season to play ALL our games on a Saturday. Considering we will miss a few for the international breaks too!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Milwall, Palace and Cardiff I get... but Derby?

It was Derby fans causing agro at Chesterfield some years back when they bought away tickets from our ticket office which led to the AMS being introduced.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm sure the game at Selhurst is down to the idiots who caused trouble last season. Our police costs have gone up and as we all know, the OB control football...sad but true.
And if the children cannot behave thenselves the OB have to control them...and I'm talking about our fans that enjoy making trouble as much as any other teams so called roughy toughies...get a life, it is supposed to be sport.

Oct 2, 2008
I can understand that some fixtures should be shifted to mid week for public order reasons ......but how come Leeds and West Ham (both of whom have a much bigger support than the others and a similar potentilal for trouble) get a Saturday fixture ?. Guess they ran out of midweek fixtures !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
remember Cardiff at the Goldstone midweek even their Barmies were giving it going up Goldstone lane after the game :guns:

Or Cardiff 97 the last time they played there,running battles in hove park for 40 mins after the game-takes 2 to Tango

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
fun and games for a lot of beginners this season.......would suggest your eyes will be well and truly opened at derby , cardiff , leeds , brum (potentially the worst of the lot ) , millwall , west ham , leeds and of course palace.......hold on tight and enjoy the ride boys.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Perfect for me. Not a st holder but have an arrangement with one to have his wife's ticket for all evening games as they cannot get child care !! So I've got a few corkers to go to :D

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I dont buy into the 'evening kick offs=less trouble' theory.

Invariably it just means away supporters have been on the piss for longer.

From my experience the majority of games which have proved troublesome have all been an evening kick off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can see a couple of work from home Tuesdays coming on. Don't much fancy travelling to the game from London amongst loads of Palace/Millwall fans.

I think evening games may be a bit of a struggle for me anyway, as it's going to take quite a bit longer to get to The Amex than it did to Withers.

Yet to decide which way will be quicker as well. Either London->Lewes->Falmer or London->Brighton->Falmer

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
i think all teams play 10 tuesday games so they haven't put ours midweek just to annoy us, i think they chose some of them because they dont want those teams coming to brighton on the friday night and staying over the weekend!
but i work nights monday to thursday so fuming that i cant go to any of them although i will defo pull a sicky for both palace games! :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here