Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walkers Stadium is no more...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry if this is fixtures but the Walkers Stadium now lies in ruins and has been renamed King Power Stadium... hope we don't get multiple name changes, they aren't the first.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ok, let me swerve around this! All these sponsor named stadia, including our own, is a bit annoying innit? I know it is a revenue income, but would you prefer a ground to be named without a sponsor name? Like ours could have been Falmer Park or something?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
To be hoenst most grounds have the "local" name given before the naming rights were sold and then the "bought" name. Who knows, one day we may officially play at Falmer rather than the Amex or "The Swan beer garden" stadium

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Ok, let me swerve around this! All these sponsor named stadia, including our own, is a bit annoying innit? I know it is a revenue income, but would you prefer a ground to be named without a sponsor name? Like ours could have been Falmer Park or something?

No, I would rather the £10Million American Express gave us to name the stadium Amex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll always know it as the Walkers, just as I'll always know ours as the Amex, regardless of name changes.

Bradfords has changed a few times now. I have no clue what its currently named, but then I always refer to it as Valley Parade anyway.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

Yes, 'Falmer Stadium' would have been peachy

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I just hope we never get sponsored by Brains Faggotts........:ohmy:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Completely plucked, but I would imagine that it would be a contract of 10 years at least and who knows where we will be by then?

Was going to say, if they splashed us 10 mill I can see where our transfer cash is going!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here