Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The bodyguard with the spent conviction was sacked well over a year ago, and Hammam no longer 'incites opposition fans' by walking around the pitch during games.

Any more suggestions?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont inherrantly "hate" the Welsh at all ( My Grandparents on my Mother's side both come from the Rhondda - Treorchy), its the arrogance of the wqelsh that gets me.

For years we poor English had it rammed down our throats that we were shit at Rugby ( when the Welsh were absolutely sublime) but did we moan ...no. When you suggest to the Welsh ( and Jocks for that matter) that the England football or Rugby side is better than them, they use every excuse to suggest that we are not.

All this " we support anyone playing against England" and "the saddest day of my life was when England lifted the World Cup" bollocks by the Scots and Welsh is just that, bollocks. In the past I used to support our fellow British teams in Europe...no more...f*** em.

COME ON ENGLAND

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
I thought Wales played very well in the first half, but with injuries and in big game at a ground like the San Siro, you were always going to be up against it.

That said

Fratelli d'Italia
L'Italia s'è desta
Dell'elmo di Scipio
S'è cinta la testa.
Dove'è la Vittoria?.
Le porga la chioma;
Chè schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.
Stringiamoci a coorte,
Siam pronti alla morte:
Italia chiamò!

Noi siamo da secoli
Calpesti e derisi,
Perchè non siam popolo,
Perchè siam divisi;
Raccolgaci un'unica
Bandiera, un speme;
Di fonderci insieme;
Già l'ora suonò.
Stringiamoci a coorte,
Siam pronti alla morte:
Italia chiamò!

Uniamoci, amiamoci;
L'unione e l'amore
Rivelano ai popoli
Le vie del Signore:
Giuriamo far libero
Il suolo natío;
Uniti per Dio
Chi vincer ci può?.
Stringiamoci a coorte,
Siam pronti alla morte:
Italia chiamò!

Dall'Alpi a Sicilia
Dovunque è Legnano
Ogni uom di Ferruccio:
Ha il cuor e la mano.
I bimbi d'Italia
Si chiamano Balilla:
Il suon d'ogni squilla
I vespri suonò.
Stringiamoci a coorte,
Siam pronti alla morte:
Italia chiamò!

Son giunchi che piegano
Le spade vendute:
Già l'Aquila d'Austria
Le penne ha perdute.
Il sangue d'Italia
E il sangue polacco
Bevè col Cosacco
Ma il cor le bruciò
Stringiamoci a coorte
Siam pronti alla morte:
Italia chiamò!

:clap2:

This has been done so many times on NSC it hurts.

Me and a couple of mates were cheering for the Welsh, but to be honest were not too gutted when they were stuffed. I made the same point LB, Page plays for cardiff and looked so out of place it wasnt true. Still think Vieri is shit though.

I still hope you qualify, it will be a huge bonus for Welsh football and if by some twist of fate you draw us in the finals it will be a tremendous event. I want Scotland and Eire to qualify as well, it will just be brilliant if the whole of Britain is involved in the finals, rather than the Scottish/Welsh just supporting anyone who plays against England.

The hooligan issue is one muthafucker of a hot potato. We can all moan at Cardiff, and to be honest they DO have the worst problem, its not just media hype. Its an ingrained problem and whether Sam Hamman perpetuates the problem or not really is a side issue, it is there and will not go away. IMO The reason it is magnified so much at Cardiff is that the English-Welsh rivalry is an excuse every saturday for a ruck. Wheras our hooligan element would get worked up with a visit of Palace/Portsmouth etc, Cardiff have a reason (not legitimate, obviously) to hate nearly every team that arrives at Ninian.

As i said, although we can point the finger at Cardiff (and millwall, and Leeds etc....) dont have a leg to stand on when England are being threatened with explusion from the Euro's for fan violence. These thugs are the worst breed of hooligan.

It is minorites in all cases, and its a f***ing shame.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
JBL: Page doesn't play for Cardiff - he plays for Sheffield Utd! If the central defender who does play for Cardiff (Gabbidon) had been available, we might have stood some sort of a chance!

The Laughing Bluebird said:
JBL: Page doesn't play for Cardiff - he plays for Sheffield Utd! If the central defender who does play for Cardiff (Gabbidon) had been available, we might have stood some sort of a chance!

Whoops :blush:

Dont know why I thought he played for cardiff. maybe because he looks like a skinhead brute.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here