Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wages not paid!?!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wages not payed!?!

The Daily Mail

Brighton Delayed payment of wages to their players during the summer break, which explains why they were forced to sell striker Bobby Zamora to Tottenham for a knockdown £1.5 million. Less than a year ago his transfer value was qoted at £5 million.
Brighton have to share 30% of the deal wiht Zamoras former club, Bristol Rovers. But they have learned their lesson a further sell on clause has been negotiated in their favour with Spurs

This was posted on another footy forum...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Apparently they were paid 4 days late last month, thats the only delay i know of...

Hopefully its not as bad as it sounds but i'm not so sure... :nono:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Trigger said:
Apparently they were paid 4 days late last month, thats the only delay i know of...

Hopefully its not as bad as it sounds but i'm not so sure... :nono:

Delays like that aren't unusual, having been involved with payroll myself I know it is very possible to muck up BACS payments!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it was in the "Mail on Sunday" it is unlikely to be true !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll second that. BACS payments can and frequently do get delayed.

Someone is trying to spread rumours and sow more discontent.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bacs can be delayed, but wherever I've worked, if this happens you make alternative arrangements to ensure that the money is in the account on the correct day.

4 days late! Surely you would have paid everyone by CHAPS before that.

If there is any truth in this I am a little worried. I would hope that this is just a guess by a journalist as to why we have sold Zamora for what would appear to be a bargain, rather than trying to start an auction.

Can someone with connections confirm or deny this.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Re: Wages not payed!?!

Turkey said:
This was posted on another footy forum...

So, at last, we have an indication of the true reason for Bobby being sold for a joke price! So what has happened to all of our season ticket money then? They have just had most of next season's revenues, and they still can't pay the wages on time. WHAT THE f*** IS GOING ON!:mad:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Paul Camillin has just sent a mail out on the seagulls mailing list saying that everyone did get paid and it wa sa load of rubbish. He even offered to show a copy of his bank stateen to prove it.

I tihnk its all a bit of Daily Mail speculation wiht no proof at all

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Morning Mullers.:wave:

Good morning Chappers, how are you today? I do hope you had a great weekend. I did, untill i read this morning that Bobby scored two for Spurs yesterday, now i'm back to feeling gutted!

Still, great news about Ben Roberts!:clap2:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
Paul Camillin has just sent a mail out on the seagulls mailing list saying that everyone did get paid and it wa sa load of rubbish. He even offered to show a copy of his bank stateen to prove it.

I tihnk its all a bit of Daily Mail speculation wiht no proof at all

I really do hope that it is all crap. However, somebody posted the same thing on here last week! Maybe they read the posts on NSC to get their info????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here