Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote ukip

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
UKIP are currently forecasted to obtain a pathetic 3 seats. An irrelevant party representing the views of the misinformed.

Maybe, but it sure does not stop many many UKIP threads and the usual suspects getting worked up about them.......does it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Mustafa, You are also unashamedly hypocritical, so we know you are left wing! Tolerance? Humanitarianism? You are the one who goes on about millions of meaningless jobs and also when someone criticises your stance, how many times have you resorted to the old tactic of accusing them of not being on the same high wavelength as your intelligent self, and this is being polite!
Equality? I doubt very much that you believe in this for yourself. Very few people do, though they pay lip service to this lovely-sounding notion.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
UKIP are currently forecasted to obtain a pathetic 3 seats. An irrelevant party representing the views of the misinformed.

Sorry, could you just provide that memo from God that told everyone that your views were the only right ones ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Why are you so snobby? What incredible arrogance to suggest that thousands who intend to vote UKIP are misinformed. I assume that you of course are not -you know so much better than they do, don't you?

D

Deleted member 22389

That tells us more about our voting system than anything else.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Maybe, but it sure does not stop many many UKIP threads and the usual suspects getting worked up about them.......does it.

There is just cause to get worked up about UKIP. The country has far greater problems than immigration, immigrants add far more money in to the tax system than they take out, not to mention the fact that so many immigrants work in the public sector. But even more worryingly, UKIP actively deny climate change, I just fail to see how voting UKIP would advance Britain in any way.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
A more equal society is possible in a fair society. Of course it is. I believe in equality, and I do think there should be less disparity in wages.

Do you really think that most CEOs are worth the vast salaries compared to what an average worker is paid?

As for an "Englishman" over the others. No I wouldn't prefer that (I'm English btw). I doubt people from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and others would either.

Yet in a later post you define the supply and demand argument in a free market economy when someone criticises footballers' wages. What exactly do you want? Do you really believe in equality - should we all be equal? The most industrious and the laziest should all be equal? I doubt that you would be happy with that for yourself, but "I Believe in equality" always sounds good.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There is just cause to get worked up about UKIP. The country has far greater problems than immigration, immigrants add far more money in to the tax system than they take out, not to mention the fact that so many immigrants work in the public sector. But even more worryingly, UKIP actively deny climate change, I just fail to see how voting UKIP would advance Britain in any way.

Why should immigrants be deemed preferable/necessary to work within in the public sector rather than say mine or your children ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

No one is suggesting that immigration is problem number one - only you have sought to express it in such terms. Immigrants may bring in more money into the tax system, though I am dubious about any stats that simply reflect one's bias, but you conveniently ignore the problems with infrastructure and an apparently growing threat from those whose views are totally alien to British values.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is just cause to get worked up about UKIP. The country has far greater problems than immigration, immigrants add far more money in to the tax system than they take out, not to mention the fact that so many immigrants work in the public sector.

The positive effect of immigration on GDP is negligible:
http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/fiscal-impact-immigration-uk

Immigration should not be about how greedy we all are for growth but be based upon humanitarian issues. It should also, in respect of the existing population, take into account the population density of the country involved and also any possible cultural harm the said immigration may have on the underlying culture. You mention green issues, don't you think our country is already full to burst and likely to become more wasteful as the population grows ever higher?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Because almost by definition - right wing politics is the belief that inequality is either necessary, inevitable or desirable.

I`ll try to be polite but that is Bollocks..Left wing is about in equality(Ha Ha)......Your equality means spongers and workers get equality financialy..Do you really believe this to be right/fair.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because almost by definition - right wing politics is the belief that inequality is either necessary, inevitable or desirable.

http://www.auburn.edu/~johnspm/gloss/right-wing

The problem is that you are so ingrained in your black and white thinking that you forget that there is no clear divide for if someone is left or right wing. There are policies of Labours, Greens, Lib Dems, SNP, Tories and UKIP that I agree with - how does that sit with your rather silly pigeon-holing of people's politics ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Over 900 thousand voted for UKIP in the 2010 General Election , that was with a 3% share , how many votes do you think they'll get with a 12% or 15% share ? That is a humongous number of misinformed or perhaps they all have their own opinion which shouldn't be ridiculed ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

http://www.auburn.edu/~johnspm/gloss/right-wing

Equality isn't about everybody being exactly the same, we are human beings, we are born different - some people want to contribute more, some people are more skilled than others, others don't want to work hard at all.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"

Equality is all about fairness. People can and should be fairly rewarded based on what they contribute - how hard they are willing to work, what they can do and how skilled they are at it

The above is what you wrote earlier, and I stress YOU wrote: Yet you say that only right-wingers claim that inequality is inevitable!
Equality is not about fairness at all. Fairness has rather more to do with equality of opportunity! That is very different from equality, and as you say, people have differing attitudes to work, and will be rewarded accordingly, so how will there be equality, given this.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Perhaps better to Vote "Monster Raving Loony"

Get a bit of realism into the equation.....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The positive effect of immigration on GDP is negligible:
http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/fiscal-impact-immigration-uk

Immigration should not be about how greedy we all are for growth but be based upon humanitarian issues. It should also, in respect of the existing population, take into account the population density of the country involved and also any possible cultural harm the said immigration may have on the underlying culture. You mention green issues, don't you think our country is already full to burst and likely to become more wasteful as the population grows ever higher?

Immigration works both ways. I think you'll find a fair few British immigrants working in countries inside and outside the UK.

No one supports a total open door policy, but where we can agree the freedom of movement through beneficial trade agreements like the EU then it should be supported.

Legal immigrants in this country have added value and have contributed to the exchequer.

UKIP is the most anti-British of all the parties. It's agenda will take us backwards and create a significantly poorer country for our children. It is a party that believes wholly in the rights of the individual and that only leads one way - it means the haves keep having and the have nots suffer. There's just one difference - under UKIP, we'd all be have nots as we'd be a basket case of a country, isolated and not worth inward investment.

The biggest let down of this election is that we don't have leaders with the quality required to blow Farage's very empty and hate filled claims out of the water (Nicola Sturgeon has done the best so far.)

Is the country full to bursting? No. Does the EU, USA, Russia, China etc need to do something to address the underlying causes for the mass movement of people we are seeing worldwide? Yes. Because without that, desperate people will still board boats in an attempt to find a peaceful land. Sticking our heads in the sand isn't going to change that.

If you hate Britain, vote UKIP. If you care about the future of our country vote for someone else.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yet in a later post you define the supply and demand argument in a free market economy when someone criticises footballers' wages. What exactly do you want? Do you really believe in equality - should we all be equal? The most industrious and the laziest should all be equal? I doubt that you would be happy with that for yourself, but "I Believe in equality" always sounds good.

Yes in that later post I was pointing out the inconsistencies in what someone else had written, e.g. They said supply and demand determines wages, but they also said footballers get paid too much.

I didn't at any point say that I thought footballers are worth the money or that a free market economy works. Try reading it in context.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am not having that, how do you absorb a 500 000 immigrants into a country with 1 million unemployed and somehow conclude that low unemployment is a consequence of this, how do those sums work ??

Saying the NHS or the other industries would grind to a halt without immigration doesnt wash, although accepting that we have engineered a situation where it might currently, on my travels 10/15 years ago and the occasional visit to the NHS and many hotels etc. I never once found a sign saying 'sorry we cannot serve you, we have no staff', never not once.

But still you get sneering comments like our NHS couldnt survive without them and they are doing jobs which the lazy British wouldnt, wonderful prejudice.

Immigration creates some demand but also intolerable pressure on services, services that I have paid into for a generation whereas those accessing it have not contributed nor had any previous links with this country, just giving things away doesnt make you more compassionate it makes you an easy target.

1: Unemployment has fallen from 2.7 million to 1.8 million in the last seven years, despite immigration.
2: I haven't mentioned the NHS have I, I'm confused about that one. So not sure how I can be sneering about it.
3: You have assumed that people who come to the UK are accessing services such as the NHS, but there is little evidence to support that, as the people that come here tend to be of working age, and therefore are far less likely to use its services.
4: I am from a migrant family, I haven't targeted you in any way as far as I am aware. If I have, please accept my apologies.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Thing is -where is your evidence for such a sweeping statement? Did not Tony Blair say that if the traditional left takes on the traditional right, then then you get the traditional result?! (i.e a Tory victory)

The evidence is in the voting intentions from the data used to determine the audience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here