• Brannigans

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Roysters

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The world has taken a turn for the worse since the ORIGINAL 1950s / 1960s version of Smith's OXO flavoured crisps (at the time the ONLY flavoured crisps available) disappeared. They were at their best when the damp had infiltrated the bag and turned them into a soggy goo that was not dissimilar to chewing a real OXO cube.

Ideally, they were purchased from the snack bar at a swimming pool, where the added flavour-boost of damp chlorinated air would add to the experience.

I'd forgotten these; you've made me feel all nostalgic.........................................................................and sick!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
44 people other than me have voted, and 43 of them are FOOLS. Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations RULE.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can only assume you are all (except MYOB) either deaf in the tongue or haven't tasted Taytos fine potato crisps.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went for the Taytos. My ex girlfriend loved a packet of cheese & onion Taytos to go with her pint down the boozer an evening or two a week. I was no huge fan, but thought they were a nice enough crisp. Her genial love of them, probably based on her family visits to Ireland as a child, has bent my finger in their direction, despite my love for pretty much all crisps. She always looked so excited to be a in pub that boxed them. I would be the same if an array of affordable nik niks was on display.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The world has taken a turn for the worse since the ORIGINAL 1950s / 1960s version of Smith's OXO flavoured crisps (at the time the ONLY flavoured crisps available) disappeared. They were at their best when the damp had infiltrated the bag and turned them into a soggy goo that was not dissimilar to chewing a real OXO cube.

Ideally, they were purchased from the snack bar at a swimming pool, where the added flavour-boost of damp chlorinated air would add to the experience.

Oh my God. That's my childhood you're describing. After swimming club (outdoor pool), shivering, wrapped in a towel, OXO crisps. High point of the week. Thank you LB.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
frazzles.jpg

OR these beauties...

Discos-SV.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here