Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vitriolic homophobic Millwall fans

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Due to our shared loathing of Palarse, have never had anything particularly against Millwall Fans...until about an hour ago that is.

Waiting for the train into Brighton, with many kids present, there was the most aggressive and vitriolic homophobic abuse aimed towards the Brighton fans which I have ever witnessed in my 25 years of supporting the Albion. What looked like a few BNP salutes were in evidence too. Culminated in a fight breaking out.

Proper nasty stuff, no need or place for it.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
I know! then at half time they had a video of how they've signed up to "kick out homophobia" (something along those lines).

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
There was quite a bit of it before the match too. Not just jokey banter. Proper aggressive abuse.

Oct 25, 2003
they seem to be part of a select few sets of fans that GENUINELY think that all brighton fans are gay....rather than it just being the good old excuse of "banter"

chanting shit about aids with kids and elderly people about....very classy

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Due to our shared loathing of Palarse, have never had anything particularly against Millwall Fans...until about an hour ago that is.

Waiting for the train into Brighton, with many kids present, there was the most aggressive and vitriolic homophobic abuse aimed towards the Brighton fans which I have ever witnessed in my 25 years of supporting the Albion. What looked like a few BNP salutes were in evidence too. Culminated in a fight breaking out.

Proper nasty stuff, no need or place for it.

Never had anything against them? Crikey did you not go to the Play off Semi when Mike Small and Robert Codner got some fearful racist abuse. Millwall fans are sub human. Always have been and always will be.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
i thought they were going to hurt the ball boy who collected the ball from the pitch the two thugs behind him looked like nasty pieces of work when i was queueing up for the burger bar outside the station they were pushing in swearing at the people serving i was going to ask one guy to stop pushing in but he was rocking and looked like a physco so i did'nt but two 50 year olds i did they were giving it all to the cashiers and going no one likes us when they about 5 ft 1 like two angry midgets

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
They are scum and love being tagged as scum. No desire to move forward. Hope they get relegated, their fans really don't deserve to be playing at this level of football. Just walking round the ground they were desperate to make a show of themselves.
At least you know they will never amount to anything, the classless behaviour that follows them around will never encourage any serious consideration.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
three in the front row were funny all in white. giving it all whilst sitting down and being largely overweight

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah I was also waiting for the train towards Brighton when they started singing " you take it up the arse" started by one man on his own in middle of loads of Brighton fans. Hats off to the guy who stood up to him and got involved. Well done!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I know! then at half time they had a video of how they've signed up to "kick out homophobia" (something along those lines).

Was going to post on this note. I have in the past thought Millwall fans have had a hard press and got on alright with them, that was until tonight.

The biggest show of mouthy Danny Dyers I have ever seen, lots of front and not much more.

Why they bothered to sign the anti-homophobic charter, if I was the club I would post it back to them in the morning. Worst set of homophobic fans at the Amex by a country mile!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
some things never change...

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Never had anything against them? Crikey did you not go to the Play off Semi when Mike Small and Robert Codner got some fearful racist abuse. Millwall fans are sub human. Always have been and always will be.

I was there but don't possess as good a memory as your good self. Just remember the happiness of the result.Thanks for filling in the gaps...

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Bit contradictory to point out their racism and then brand a whole group of people "sub-human"?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i thought they were going to hurt the ball boy who collected the ball from the pitch the two thugs behind him looked like nasty pieces of work when i was queueing up for the burger bar outside the station they were pushing in swearing at the people serving i was going to ask one guy to stop pushing in but he was rocking and looked like a physco so i did'nt but two 50 year olds i did they were giving it all to the cashiers and going no one likes us when they about 5 ft 1 like two angry midgets

That might explain why the burger bar closed early :(

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Got the train back to Lewes with loads of Millwall and there was not one bit of trouble. chatted with a few whilst on the platform and they were just normal supporters. As always it's the minority that gives the club a bad name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here