Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Visas

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
Hello fellas,

I've searched the internet for an answer to this question with no success, so thought asking on here might get me an answer.

I am doing a term abroad with uni in Australia later this year, and will be arriving there on the 5th July. This is the date my Student visa will start. I will be leaving England on the 3rd however.

Is this a problem? Does my visa need to start from the time I leave the country? Or is it fine as it is.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd imagine it needs to start from the time you arrive in Oz. Visas don't really have anything to do with leaving a country, they really only matter when you arrive somewhere. So you should be fine.

This is just opinion though.

Good luck - which uni are you going to?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hello fellas,

I've searched the internet for an answer to this question with no success, so thought asking on here might get me an answer.

I am doing a term abroad with uni in Australia later this year, and will be arriving there on the 5th July. This is the date my Student visa will start. I will be leaving England on the 3rd however.

Is this a problem? Does my visa need to start from the time I leave the country? Or is it fine as it is.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Assuming you arrive in Australia on the 5th you will be ok, if you arrive on the 4th you may have a problem with immigration, although I can't imagine you will be refused entry if you arrive a few hours before your visa activates.

Australia requires all passenger details to be forwarded to the immigration authorities when a plane has left the terminal, so you will probably be highlighted once you land assuming a 4th arrival.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Usually a student visa is valid from the date that it is granted, not the date your course begins. So once your student visa is granted, you will be able to travel from that date. You shouldn't encounter any issues whatsoever as long as your student visa is granted by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here