Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
Adam Virgo signs at last

So what do you guys feel now this has finally gone through??

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why do do always pull stupid faces in photos?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
how do you know?? club MMS?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gonna need some MODDAGE on here this morning. Come on MODS, get busy with your special MERGING POWERS.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Adam Virgo has rejoined Albion on a free transfer from Celtic, three years after leaving the club to sign for the Scottish giants in a £1.5m deal.

The Brighton-born defender has signed a two-year deal with the club after Albion beat off interest from Championship clubs to secure Virgo, who was released from the final year of a four-year deal at the end of last season.

Virgo said, "It feels fantastic to be coming home, now I can't wait to get started. When I knew the club and Micky were interested it was a very easy decision to make.

"There were other offers on the table, but at this stage of my career I need to be playing regular football and I feel I can achieve that with my hometown club. I also feel the Albion are a Championship club in waiting."

Virgo links up with Micky Adams for the fourth time in his career: Adams gave Virgo his Albion debut in 2001, then signed him on loan at Coventry in 2006 and was assistant manager at Colchester United where Virgo spent last season on loan.

Adams said, "I'm delighted to sign a player of Adam's quality. If he can replicate the form he showed in his first spell in an Albion shirt then we will all be very happy."

Dick Knight added, "Second to Ronaldo's proposed move to Real Madrid, it was perhaps the worst kept secret in football that the club were keen to re-sign Adam!

"The rumour mill was right on this occasion as behind the scenes Micky and I have been working hard with Adam and his agent to achieve the deal - in the face of some serious competition - and I am very pleased Adam has agreed to rejoin the club.

"He has already enjoyed success with the Albion, and I am sure he will be keen to replicate that in the very near future."

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Say what you like about Virgs, but I reckon that is a piece of very good business by DK, sell a player for a pretty decent fee then bring him back three years later on a free. I was gutted when he left for Celtic, though the money did come in handy, hopefully he can continue from where he left off.

Welcome back Adam....up and at em!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here