Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo struggling?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am convinced that Virgo can help Celtic to avoid relegation from the SPL :clap2:

Brighton Jock

Aug 28, 2003
Ashtead,Surrey
Not according to my mate,who's a season ticket holder at Parkhead,said Virgo looked well off the pace against inverness on Saturday,maybe we can get him back on loan in January.....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I thought it was a very strange addition to Celtic's squad at the time. A good champ player for sure, but bringing him to Celtic was a big gamble. Still, he may turn things around. good luck to him

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Uncle Buck said:
Is he?

Competant yes, but awsome no.

In reality nobody really knows what his best position is.
John Terry is considered an awesome player. I'm not saying Virgs is as good but can you identify the skills in which Terry is better than Virgs: pace no, tackling no, heading no, strength no, positional sense possibly, first touch yes.

The point is that Virgo is potentially a good premiership defender.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
mona said:
John Terry is considered an awesome player. I'm not saying Virgs is as good but can you identify the skills in which Terry is better than Virgs: pace no, tackling no, heading no, strength no, positional sense possibly, first touch yes.

The point is that Virgo is potentially a good premiership defender.
I think that's fair comment.

Virgs reminds me of a young Matt Elliot.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Now I've heard it all, so the only thing that Terry is better than Virgs at his first touch and positional sense

Sorry, that's bollocks

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He's a good investment, but he has not played enough games in any one position - last season it was right back, centre half, centre forward, centre midfield etc etc.

Strachan would be better off sending him out on loan to a club that is committed to playing him in his prefered role - centre half. Get him thirty or forty games in that role - learn the trade - then give him a go at Parkhead.

Perhaps he could do that at Withdean when McShane goes back to United?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jimmy Saville said:
He's a good investment, but he has not played enough games in any one position - last season it was right back, centre half, centre forward, centre midfield etc etc.

Strachan would be better off sending him out on loan to a club that is committed to playing him in his prefered role - centre half. Get him thirty or forty games in that role - learn the trade - then give him a go at Parkhead.

Perhaps he could do that at Withdean when McShane goes back to United?

Now, there is a sensible comment at last. Have a gold star :clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
sydney said:
like it or not you can't deny the fact that virgo saved our arses last season and was a standout plyer for us...........we don't appear to have found anyone of that ilk so far this season............ :nono:

Though we are playing better football as a team. We are not having to rely on one player having a good game.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Wanderer said:
Now I've heard it all, so the only thing that Terry is better than Virgs at his first touch and positional sense

Sorry, that's bollocks
Sorry but you're talking bollocks.
Of course Virgo can't be any good because he played for us. Believe it or not John Terry, BZ's old mate, wasn't a complete player when he made his Chelsea debut in 1999.
Virgo hasn't played regularly at centre back for some time.
But there again Albion have never had any useful central defenders who went on to make it at the highest level.
Lawrenson, Foster, Stevens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here