• Wrong decision

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 51 18.5%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have always liked him and stuck up for him on here but feel that now is the right time for him to leave for our benefit and also for his own to find another club, probably in our division so hope he doesnt come back to haunt us.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
ex Man Utd player Andy Cole has a concierge firm. His main clients are Premiership footballers. Virgs is his lowest paid player according to Mr Cole.

And there it is 'According to Mr Cole'

Didn't think it was fact, as much as I didn't think it was true either.

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
Possibly, possibly not. Do you not also think there could be a bit of 'bigging up' on his part?

possibly. he looks after JT, SWP etc... Maybe Virgs is a small fish for him and therefore he shouts it about.

anyway to conclude I'm happy and I wish Virgs all the best finding a new club

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He isn't being played and it is doubtful he would have been played much next season so right decision.

Good luck to him though.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
As the highest/one of the highest earners, then yes I think right decision.

Think it would have been better to offer him a contract on reduced terms and then let Adam decide how much he wanted to stay here..

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It was the right decision for Adam and his career.

If he can find regular football at another club then it's a good decision for club and player as he wasn't going to get regular football here.

It would be a nice touch if Gus picks him for the last game of the season so the fans and he get a chance to say goodbye to each other.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
If he kept him I would not have moaned. Been a great player for us most of the time. Good luck to him for the future. Would not be surprised if Micky Adams or even Coppell come in for him

If Virg's is off, Kuipers should follow. We have as good now, and probably a lot cheaper. Again sorry if he does go, another great player for the club but the time has never been better to move on those high wage earners who are out of contract, and not automatic first choice.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
we get used to players like virgo and cox play for the club but if we want to progress sad as it is they have to move on but both leave me with great memories:US:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was probably the most difficult of the contract decisions in my mind but just about the right choice. We already have Elphick, El Abd and Tunnicliffe in the squad and I still think that we need another experienced first choice centre half for next season. Given the need for a new centre half, Virgo's disciplinary record and apparently high wages and that they seem to rate Dunk and Hall quite highly and I think it was the correct decision. Whether we agree or not though, we have to back Gus and wait with interest to see who his targets for next season will be.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Right decision. He looked very average against Palace reserves. Shame because he loves the club and has had some terrible shit to deal with but that's life and that's football. I hope he gets his career back on track but I can't help feeling his best days are behind him judging by this season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This season he has been frankly awful, so correct decision.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I would like to have seen a good replacement signed before letting him go. I therefore believe it to be the wrong decision at this time.

I believe a proven good defender will cost more in wages than what Virgo would be prepared to accept and a transfer fee on top if we are offering contractual terms. The way things are going in football these days though, it will be a temporary fix with a loan signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here