Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo - Legend

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
I can understand why harding left, but like simster said its the way he did it

Exactly, he led the club on he should have been straight from the start it was obvious he wanted to leave. I don't begrudge him his move to Leeds, everyone deserves a chance to better themselves and earn more money but I don't think much of him as a person.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Uncle Buck - Having spent three years in Scotland I am well aware of the baggage carried around by the Old Firm, however on the occasions that I saw Celtic play Hearts the atmosphere was superb, the only Albion game I can honestly say compared was the play-off final in Cardiff. I am personally opposed to the Glasgow teams ever being allowed in the Premiership until they can clean their act up and even then I have severe reservations as it might lead to the leagues merging and finally a British team instead of distinct nations as present.

My wish was really to see Virgo lead out a team, which in all probability would be some way off their real first team, perhaps including a few ex players to even things up a little (Henrik Larsson for instance - worth the admission on his own). There are plenty of Celtic fans living in Southern England, I don't for one minute imagine that a game against the Albion would attract ravaging hordes from the East End of Glasgow.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Goring Gull said:
Legend - A term that is far to easily bestowed on those who have done and achieved so little. Yes good player, servant to the Albion but legend........ Hardly Peter Ward or Bobby Z is he.

Scored the equiliser against Ipswich which kept us up, saved our play off hopes against Swindon, epitomised the spirit and the hard work of the team in the past season.

I think he's just slightly a legend.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
My wish was really to see Virgo lead out a team, which in all probability would be some way off their real first team, perhaps including a few ex players to even things up a little (Henrik Larsson for instance - worth the admission on his own). There are plenty of Celtic fans living in Southern England, I don't for one minute imagine that a game against the Albion would attract ravaging hordes from the East End of Glasgow.

So how come when the Beggars played at QPR there were about 10,000 of the unwashed there? Suggests that they do bring rather a lot down from Glasgow and over the Irish Sea etc.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Maybe I am wrong then and there would be vast numbers of little weedgies scouring our offies for bottles of Buckfast.

Still rather have them visit than the Huns.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, fair point, we will have to agree never to invite a Scottish team to Withdean for fear of being overrun (have just remembered seeing pictures of what they did to Wembley in the 70's, broken crossbar etc), question is what happens if we draw one when we get into Europe...

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...not Withdean, meant Falmer!!!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gully said:
I would suggest that as a first game but I want that to be against Doncaster Rovers!!!

Is this some kind of wind-up? If we ever get Falmer, the first game should be against a BIG club! I fancy a foreign team so we get all of the tickets.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Adam Virgo is a legend and a true nice-guy. I'd bet McGhee is pretty chuffed at the gesture.

I wonder what Virgo posted Steve Coppell?

A freshly soiled piece of Celtic FC toilet paper perhaps?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bobby's Gull said:
Scored the equiliser against Ipswich which kept us up, saved our play off hopes against Swindon, epitomised the spirit and the hard work of the team in the past season.

I think he's just slightly a legend.

Slightly? Understatement of the year, of course :)

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
3-gulls, not a wind up at all, Donny Rovers were the last opponents at the Goldstone, I and I believe countless others would like them to be our first at Falmer. We can have a glamour match against some European giant or other but the first game should be versus a proper team!!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
This is a lovely gesture and I think it reflects well not just on our legend Adam Virgo but also on his mentor Mark McGhee.

Hats off to the both of them for the way the transfer was handled and I very much hope we get to see Virgo at Falmer in the not too distant future

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well...without McGhee,no Virgo

prior to McGhee...Virgo was...as someone bounced a thread of mine from August 2003 lately,completely out of the picture.

my parents taught his sister:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here