Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo - Legend

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"McGhee received through the post yesterday a start-of-season present from Adam Virgo, the Albion youngster he sold to his old club Celtic last month for £1.5 million.

Virgo has signed his No. 4 Celtic shirt with a special message of thanks to the manager for all his help. "

What a bloody nice gesture from an Albion legend

:bowdown:

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
brightonfan_86 said:

Top player, nice guy. Look at the difference between him an Hard-on at Leeds. I can't see Virgo getting booed by the Albion, but Hard-on will suffer. Some players are just naturally legends, others are money grabbing contract stuffing little toerags who deserve a good kicking when the Tank gets hold of him.....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Top player, nice guy. Look at the difference between him an Hard-on at Leeds. I can't see Virgo getting booed by the Albion, but Hard-on will suffer. Some players are just naturally legends, others are money grabbing contract stuffing little toerags who deserve a good kicking when the Tank gets hold of him.....

Yeah it was so bad going to a club with better prospects and more money, like none of us would change jobs for that reason.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Uncle Buck said:
Yeah it was so bad going to a club with better prospects and more money, like none of us would change jobs for that reason.

I think we've assessed that its more to do with the way he left the club though.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Harding didn't give a shit about his new contract with the us, if he wanted to move why didn't he say it months ago, instead of hanging us in the balance for so long. in my IMOH he a complete tosser who will get derserving booed, when we play them down here and away at Elland Road.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Virgs leading out a Celtic team at Falmer for a pre season friendly, that would be a marvelous sight.

I would suggest that as a first game but I want that to be against Doncaster Rovers!!!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Harding IMHO has been badly adivsed on how to handle the move to Leeds. Whilst no one wants to stop a player moving onwards and upwards, as we do in our chosen careers. Virgo handled the move excellently where as Harding by all accounts agreed to sign but then stopped talking to engineer a more away from Brighton.

I only hope Harding dows well as it will mean more money for the Albion - but I agree he will get a bit of abuse when he returns to Withdean.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
767.jpg

was it this shirt ?:)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Uncle Buck, welcoming one of the greatest teams in World football to Falmer would be fantastic, their fans are amongst the loudest (other than ourselves) that I have ever heard, even for a friendly the atmosphere would be something special.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
Uncle Buck, welcoming one of the greatest teams in World football to Falmer would be fantastic, their fans are amongst the loudest (other than ourselves) that I have ever heard, even for a friendly the atmosphere would be something special.

Do not have any desire to see either of the Auld Firm at Falmer. They bring unpleasant baggage and there are other teams we could play.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Legend - A term that is far to easily bestowed on those who have done and achieved so little. Yes good player, servant to the Albion but legend........ Hardly Peter Ward or Bobby Z is he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here