Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo in Scotland "Future Squad"

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
A text message from the club informs me that Adam Virgo has been called up for the Scotland Future Squad to play Austria later this month.

Good Luck Virgs, you deserve it :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It's brilliant news, but, being completely selfish, can we afford to have him playing more games with the bottom of the league being as tight as it is, and having so many players out at the moment? Heaven help us if we have another person injured at the moment

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good news. A kilt will suit him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That is a bit of a worry... I don't know how competitive these "futures" games are??

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Whilst I'm pleased that Virgo has been recognised and selected to play at this level, I feel a bit irritated that McGhee and the Jocks are poaching a Sussex player for their no hoper national team.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
All this talk of Virgo getting into the full Scotland team really is a bit far fetched, yeah Virgs is a decent young player, but some of the talent coming through in Scotland right now is frightening, particularly Derek Rihordan who is the most natural goalscorer I have seen in 20 years of going to football, although the sweaties have been a joke, Walter Smith is no mug and knows if he played an average English 1st division player in front of 6 or 7 of the most promising players Scotland have produced in a generation then he will get exactly the same treatment as Berti Voghts did.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rougvie said:
All this talk of Virgo getting into the full Scotland team really is a bit far fetched, yeah Virgs is a decent young player, but some of the talent coming through in Scotland right now is frightening, particularly Derek Rihordan who is the most natural goalscorer I have seen in 20 years of going to football, although the sweaties have been a joke, Walter Smith is no mug and knows if he played an average English 1st division player in front of 6 or 7 of the most promising players Scotland have produced in a generation then he will get exactly the same treatment as Berti Voghts did.

Sshh you cannot say that. Virgo is going to end up as a Roy of the Rovers type player. A kind of combination of Lineker, Moore and Gazza. NSC have said so....

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Is Scotland the ONLY country in the world with a "future" squad? Who the f*** do they play??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here