Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo has gone to Celtic!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well this from that 'reliable source', the BBC. What do think Ronnie ? Celtic really looking at Virgs ?

Sweet and Sour sauce

Last edited:

B.W. said:
also, 1.5M seems way too high...

But it's the only reason why we would consider a transfer - I can't believe we would sell him willingly for any less. It's a fair price for a guy who is a supremely talented footballer - and the person who most contributed to us staying up last season (playing up front) - but has not yet put together a really huge, flawless season as a defender.

Perhaps Celtic will play him in midfield :)

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
i have known ronnie for absolutely ages............he called me straight away to tell me this morning............

I guarantee you fellow NSC'ers that virgo will not be with us by the end of the week.

U can make jokes all you want......But this is true

The question is who do we buy

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Well this from that 'reliable source', the BBC. What do think Ronnie ? Celtic really looking at Virgs ?

Sweet and Sour sauce

interesting.i agree seems strange, but its true.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
That's a trial not the same as buying.

Yes but why give them a trial if they're allegedly prepared to fork out £1.5 million on a player who hasn't yet played a full season as a centre back ?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Celtic Fanzone has it on good authority that Ghord is about to finalise a deal for Brighton central defender Adam Virgo.

The 6'2" stopper has been recommended to the boss by former Celt and Brighton manager Mark McGhee. It was McGhee ironically, who was commentating for Celtic TV on the Fulham match last Saturday at Craven Cottage.

Ghord left after the game for Brighton to speak to the boy about a move north. Virgo, who has just turned 22, played in most of Brighton's games last season scoring nine goals in the process, would be a welcome addition to a threadbare squad.

http://www.celticfanzone.com/cgi-bin/newsnow.pl?showrecord=10277

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've just had it confirmed by two different people that this is 100% true

Good luck Adam and thanks for the memories :wave: :wave:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The fee is not quite £1.5m, and it isn't all up front.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well Ronnie, if indeed it's true let me be the first to say I stand corrected.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: apologies accepted.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brighton Boy said:
And admit that all your attempts to take the piss were not funny as per usual

Well it's better than being a total wanker with nothing at all to say isn't it ? I must confess I bow to your noteworthy posts (that's sarcasm by the way).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here