Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin vs Sky

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I have Virgin and I get ESPN in HD, all sky sports channels and pretty much everything except movies including loads of HD channels. Also get mega fast internet and phone line is free at weekends.

I have dual room with a Hi Def v+ box (so I can record whatever on to a hard disk) and a standard Samsung box in our bedroom.

I think the catchup TV, TV on demand and music on demand is awesome. You can pretty much build up a play list of any video that is out there.

I pay £64 a month although I think that involves a £20 deduction for loyalty.

How does this bode in comparison to Sky.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Give them a call, They sometimes have a deal where you can pay a one off £25 fee to not connect to a phone line.

I had the same issue the saleman promised it would only cost £25 until we actually come to the installation then they said they would have to charge the full rate. They also changed their mind on keeping my phone number saying we would have to change it (not an option). So for me Sky -> no thanks!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I rang all 3 up just over a month ago asking them to quote me for phoneline, broadband and tv with sky sports.
BT quoted me £72.50
Sky quoted me £70.50 and warned me the internet would be slow as how far from the exchange i am.
Reluctantly phoned Virgin, £50.50 a month.
Been with Virgin a few weeks now and had no problems.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How do you people all justify paying £600 - £900 per year on TV, etc?

Seems a lot of money to me.

There are 3 or 4 live football matches on freeview or terrestrial TV most weeks, and plenty of rubbish to watch generally.

I'm more tempted right now than ever before, what with the Ashes round the corner, but its a lot of [unecessary] money.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have Sky with Sky Sports 1 and some movie channels for £42 a month but Broadband and Phone are with TalkTalk for £22, for this i get ALL phone calls FREE [Except for mobiles and 0871] including 8 International countries, I pay just for calls to 0871 numbers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

There are 3 or 4 live football matches on freeview or terrestrial TV most weeks, and plenty of rubbish to watch generally.

I'm more tempted right now than ever before, what with the Ashes round the corner, but its a lot of [unecessary] money.

It's not just TV though. It's broadband access and phones too.

I pay about £600 through Virgin and don't think it's bad at all. The broadband is very reliable and there are lots of TV channels for the kids to watch. I do find that 98% of the non-kids TV that we watch is BBC or ITV, so the fact that there are over 100 channels is irrelevant.

I'd like to watch the Ashes too but I'm not getting a Sky contract just to watch a few days of cricket, it's not worth the money.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I chose Virgin over Sky, just because of the broadband reliability and speeds.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Yeah but you dont get sexcetera on normal TV. How else would I make such useful additions to my wank bank upstairs.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here