Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin or Sky?

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
I'm moving to an area where i can now get Virgin i just wondered what people thought on both and who offers the better value?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Virgin for me, just for the catch up telly alone, its outstanding.

The V+ High Def box is also tremendous at upscaling SD channels, so the picture quality is tremendous.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have Virgin and echo the poster above. All excellent.

The only downside is if something goes wrong, their call centre and service us the shittest in the world. Although I understand they have plans to bring it back from India to dear old blighty.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
If you don't mind me asking can i ask what sort of deals you have with them? I think were going to go with them all in phone line, internet, sky package with skysports??

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was with Virgin (or its predecessors) since 1994, only because the various blocks of flats I have lived in have not allowed satelite dishes. Customer service wise, I have always found them to be fairly rubbish - either at offering existing customers deals available to new customers, or fixing any problems which may arise. I recently switched to Sky for TV, internet and phoneline and have, so far, found them excellent.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Yeah, I have to say Virgin's customer services are cak, but the product is excellent.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have recently moved and have Virgin, no complaints from me.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I have Sky but am continually receiving invitations from Virgin.
If you are only having the basic packages then Virgin seem cheaper plus if you need a callout they are free compared with £65 by Sky,however if you want Sky Sports/Movies etc then Sky are cheaper

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Works our cheaper for me to have Sky for my TV to have Sky Sports, and phone and broadband with Virgin.
Customer service wise, they are about the same. Both totally shit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm moving to an area where i can now get Virgin i just wondered what people thought on both and who offers the better value?

If you currently have Sky why don't you phone them and tell them you want to cancel as you can get a package from Virgin ? They will offer you a deal to retain you as a customer :thumbsup:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Virgin. Excellent picture and number of channels, and have been using since 1996.
No problems, so no reason to contact customer services.

Have never had a Sky dish.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sky most definitely. Virgin is slow, irritating to move through channels and a much inferior product. You can't even get Sky Sports News HD I don't think. Their catch up telly is useful but again is poorly delivered and slow. Much better to watch online.

Sky is the much slicker and quality experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here