Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin Media

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
They have capped my internet to 80kbps during peak times. This is unbelievably slow, only slightly quicker than dial up. I've tried to call them but after 30 or 40 mins of being told to hold one starts to get a bit f***ed off. Tried sending them a email too, but it just said 404 not found or some shit like that when I clicked send. Its happened 3 or 4 times now. Maybe we should think about changing provider.

Anyone work for these ***** and fancy helping me out a bit?

:angry:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They have capped my internet to 80kbps during peak times. This is unbelievably slow, only slightly quicker than dial up. I've tried to call them but after 30 or 40 mins of being told to hold one starts to get a bit f***ed off. Tried sending them a email too, but it just said 404 not found or some shit like that when I clicked send. Its happened 3 or 4 times now. Maybe we should think about changing provider.

Anyone work for these ***** and fancy helping me out a bit?

:angry:

Why have you been capped? If you get capped it is not to that speed anyway. So you're downloading at 8Kb/s ?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Why have you been capped? If you get capped it is not to that speed anyway. So you're downloading at 8Kb/s ?

Been capped because apparently I use the 'unlimited' broadband a lot. And yes it is to that speed. So yes I am downloading at 80kb/s

Been capped because apparently I use the 'unlimited' broadband a lot. And yes it is to that speed. So yes I am downloading at 80kb/s

It's unlimited because you can download as much as you like off-peak.
They will cap it if you download too much media at other times. How long do you have Seagulls World commentary on for, for example? Or do you use BBC I player or the like? It's best to down load stuff like that in the morning, then watch it at peak times. I'm on VM 2 mb per sec, which I thought was the lowest broadband speed.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its still a load of shit. 80 kb is a joke.

Unlimited BB means unlimited if you just use it for browsing , as soon as you start downloading videos , mp3 and using bit torrent then their fair usage policy applies. Most providers have to give you 3 warnings about your usage and if you choose to ignore them you are categorised as a heavy user and they apply a cap during peak hours. We are all in the shit if BT and VM dont upgrade their network and systems as we will run out of capacity to carry increasing amounts of traffic and then it will all grind to a halt. BT's philosophy at the moment is why should they invest £1.5bn in fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) for a theoretical speed of 50mb/s when due to contention it will only run at 600kb/s at peak times because everyone is online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here