Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin media

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can anyone tell me how this compares to sky+.Dont care about losing sky1.
Thanks.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
sky+ you choose what to record and what not to, virgin pick a few programmes (generaly BBC/channel 4 and living) and you can watch them at any time for the next week.

there is also a selection of shows (CSI, Spooks, Peep show as an example) that you can see entire series of aswell

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
We've had a V+ box for the last month & I think it's great. You can record up to 80 hours of programmes wheras Sky+ is only 20 hours. I think it is easier to use, but I could do with bigger buttons on the remote.

We still need the freeview box for Sky Sports News:(

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
V+ box is free, 80 gb HD therefore 60 hours of recordings
No extra rent like Sky+

I have the VIP pack which is V+ box, 2 tuners in bedrooms, telephone(free UK calls) and Virgin Broadband at the moment 10 meg but going up to 20 on may 1st.

that costs £85 but Im sure you can get it cheaper if you call and ask.

Customer service is now very good. (although my last bill was messed up they gave me 1 month free).

dont miss sky sports news or sky 1 but I miss sky news but my TV has a freeview tuner so not to bad.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
empire said:
superb :clap: as were ntl b4 them,never any hassles
except the odd broadband cut out and loss of Sky one :down: :down: i agree..

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes i miss that but thanks to braders i catch up on dream team,as compo they gave me all the sports package so i wasnt going to complain too much

intensetazer

Banned
Apr 11, 2007
swindonseagull said:
V+ box is free, 80 gb HD therefore 60 hours of recordings
No extra rent like Sky+

I have the VIP pack which is V+ box, 2 tuners in bedrooms, telephone(free UK calls) and Virgin Broadband at the moment 10 meg but going up to 20 on may 1st.

that costs £85 but Im sure you can get it cheaper if you call and ask.

Customer service is now very good. (although my last bill was messed up they gave me 1 month free).

dont miss sky sports news or sky 1 but I miss sky news but my TV has a freeview tuner so not to bad.

hasn't it got a 160Mb drive in it ??

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here