Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

virgin media v sky

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I have a digital Freeview recorder. It's £0 per month.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
talking of Sky, my Sky+ isn't recording properly anymore, sound and video don't match and sometimes it's silence. I've reset the box and stuff, any ideas?

I have just had my sky plus box replaced because when ever I recorded stuff the sound would jump all over the shop and make it unwatchable. WHat make of box do you have? If its an amstrad it may be the same issue and in which case there is a blag to get a free brand new box and call out

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I have just had my sky plus box replaced because when ever I recorded stuff the sound would jump all over the shop and make it unwatchable. WHat make of box do you have? If its an amstrad it may be the same issue and in which case there is a blag to get a free brand new box and call out

Sounds about right - where is this blag?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't get Virgin here, if I could I would consider it. The Virgin set top box is supposed to be the Ds Bs. So I'll have to stick with Sky for now. Can't say I have any problems with it, we were amongst the first with Sky+, had a few problems early on, but touch wood, it's great now.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Have rarely had problems with Virgin....until tonight.

No internet connection. I rang their, used to be free, helpline and the guy was hopeless, told me it was the version of Windows.

Once i put phone down on him (at 25p/m) and we found a new cable connector, it worked....except.....

....computer was not recognised so needed to sign in & log on. Well, I signed in many years ago so it was back to the helpline to get new password etc.

Finally, after 3 hours of blood, sweat & tears, I'm online!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here