Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin Media TV, Phone and Broadband - rip off?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Just wanted to run this by anyone who is on Virgin Media for their TV, phone and Broadband.

I'm currently paying on average £53 a month for the "large" broadband and TV package and landline. I've had the same crappy set top box for years.

Now I see they are offering Virgin Plus Tivo type boxes while Sky are offering similar with six months free when you sign up.

Basically, I was hoping those with Virgin plus can tell me what you are paying a month so I have some bargaining power when I phone the buggers to have a moan.

Ta

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
£66, broadband, sky sports, tv package

Free installation and tivo box, and got £50 off as recommended by someone on it.

Can't have sky in flat, only cable.

Virgin can upgrade and downgrade package by the month.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
£66, broadband, sky sports, tv package

Free installation and tivo box, and got £50 off as recommended by someone on it.

Can't have sky in flat, only cable.

Virgin can upgrade and downgrade package by the month.

Ta. So taking away the Sky Sports, you're paying about the same as me but getting more. That's one...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
£56 a month, we have a TiVo box in the front room and a V+ box in the bedroom (The technician advised we might as well use our old box in the bedroom, he would only replace it with a non recordable box if we wanted a new one) we get XL TV, L Broadband (60mb) and M Telephone. Seems like everyone gets something different.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've been a customer for years, but now pay £93 a month for the following:

60 Mb Broadband
TiVo 500Gb Box
XL TV
Sky Sports
Sky Premium HD
Extra V box (HD, no TiVo or similar)
Phone (M?? Not sure don't use it anyway.)

Seems reasonable, can't get Sky and actually find the service very good. Have had some rare broadband problems but never had problems getting credit back, in fact most times they normally give me 50% of that months rental for the broadband, so can't complain at all.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
£34 -
M TV that includes catch up
Large Internet.
Some phone but the phone hasnt been plugged in for years and they said it would cost me MORE without a landline.

Good service though and I don't pay Murdoch any cash.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£104 for XLTV including SKY sports/movies. Broadband 60m, Phone including free calls to any landline 24/7

Yep. That is what I have

DanielT

£53 a month for 60mb broadband, xl pack tv and just the evening/weekend pack on the phone

In the past i have gone to sky's website, gone through the process of adding what is equivalent and then getting a price to go back to virgin with. never had intention to go to sky. Then you can call virgin, whilst looking at your spreadsheet, and have all angles covered when they try to give you nothing extra! I always end up getting a better deal cheaper

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
£104 for XLTV including SKY sports/movies. Broadband 60m, Phone including free calls to any landline 24/7

That just seems like an OBSCENE amount of money to pay out every month for Broadband/Phone/TV.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Seems to me that I should be able to get TV, Tivo, broadband, phone and a decent amount of channels for less than £50.

I'll give them a bell. Maybe take advantage of the snow chaos for an extra discount.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All I know is Virgin must be a biggest junk mail providers in the country. RTS it everytime...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
£56 a month, we have a TiVo box in the front room and a V+ box in the bedroom (The technician advised we might as well use our old box in the bedroom, he would only replace it with a non recordable box if we wanted a new one) we get XL TV, L Broadband (60mb) and M Telephone. Seems like everyone gets something different.

This is the package I have but for £43 per month.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow

This is the same as my deal. Thought it was pretty good to be honest. The broadband is very fast.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That just seems like an OBSCENE amount of money to pay out every month for Broadband/Phone/TV.

Depends on personal circumstances, really doesn't it. I pay Sky £107 p/m and it's just me in the house, and have no problem them charging that amount or me paying it. It'll be different for others. Certainly not "obscene" IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here