Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought we had. Maybe I misunderstood some of the translated Dutch.
I've glossed over the recent dutch reports as they're too confusing. But I don't think we've been told about a third bid yet.

At least we are not Huddersfield, who don't even have a manager
Oh, I didn't even know that. Now would be a good time to play them then. Oh :(

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5480268 said:
But I think it was a panic buy based on CMS going to Norwich which never happened so we ended up with the pair of them. That's just my opinion, don't have any inside info at all.

Don't worry, you're just responding to his opinion, he doesn't have any inside info at all either

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Love Google Translate!

"The agent of Van Dijk said on Monday that his client the very least would appreciate if Groningen him a transfer to England would deny. The Eredivisionist is however completely in her right given the contract of the 21-year-old basket monoplane until mid-2015 and runs the club the money does not necessarily need."

2.5 mill for a second hand basket for a monoplane does seem quite high. And surely your groceries would fall out.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Don't worry, you're just responding to his opinion, he doesn't have any inside info at all either

You are right no inside info, just that he came on the final day of the transfer window. He is struggling to get onto the bench. He may well be played out of position, if that's the case why did Gus buy him. Dobbie may well get back in the side, but at the moment he is being paid a lot to play in the DS.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are right no inside info, just that he came on the final day of the transfer window. He is struggling to get onto the bench. He may well be played out of position, if that's the case why did Gus buy him. Dobbie may well get back in the side, but at the moment he is being paid a lot to play in the DS

think you may have stumbled onto the wrong thread sausage...!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Poyet on Dobbie:

“When we got Dobbs we knew Vicente was not available, we knew we were in a very difficult situation with Macca (Craig Mackail-Smith). We didn’t know if he was leaving or not at 5 o’clock on the 31st (August)."

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Me too, though i can't keep away, keep checking every 5 minutes :shootself

Careful now....they do say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again only expecting a different result :whistle:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Poyet on Dobbie:

“When we got Dobbs we knew Vicente was not available, we knew we were in a very difficult situation with Macca (Craig Mackail-Smith). We didn’t know if he was leaving or not at 5 o’clock on the 31st (August)."

Exactly, which is why I said I hope Gus has other players in mind. The fear is with the injuries at the back, that he does the same in this window and gets someone at the last minute

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Exactly, which is why I said I hope Gus has other players in mind. The fear is with the injuries at the back, that he does the same in this window and gets someone at the last minute

To be fair, if we played a different system Dobbie would have been a cracking signing - he has done the business for two different Championship teams that got promoted. But as it is he was always likely to be a square peg in a round hole.

While he is capable of playing as an attacking midfielder, we have plenty of other midfielders and he isn't a lone striker by any stretch of the imagination

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Pick the bones out of that then

Agent of Virgil van Dijk suspect Brighton disengagement position by FC Groningen sale is unmentionable
In the last days of the transfer window following the news in rapid succession. What we have just reported (thanks to Stef de Bont of International Football) that the agent of Virgil van Dijk thought Brighton still come back with a higher bid, there seem to be different things now substantial. Brighton again this morning, through an intermediary, contacted FC Groningen. The Pride of the North is hereby declared that a sale of Van Dijk in this transfer window is taboo. This seems Brighton now anyway dropped to. The club will now focus on attracting another central defender, so let fiduciary Chin to De Bont know.
It is our opinion, however, that Hans Nijland high game and thinks Brighton at the last minute with a substantially higher offer comes back if it does not succeed in attracting another central defender. In the meantime, FC Groningen to work on putting on a replacement, that 'parked', whether in an airport, and only comes as Van Dijk is sold.

The recent statements of Chin stand in stark contrast to earlier reports of De Bont on Twitter: "Agent Virgil van Dijk thinks Brighton again comes back." The trainer wants him. He is first choice. "" The question is how Brighton wants to go far. At one time, FC Groningen not refuse, "said Chin agent. Brighton has personnel problems & has been a defender for next Saturday necessary. Possible Transfer Van Dijk has to happen fast. Either, still uncertainty surrounding the central defender for FC Groningen. Brighton not let go. "

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
@StefanCoerts
Virgil van Dijk to #BHAFC seems to be a no-go this winter. #Brighton have asked FCG to name their price, but #FCGroningen refuse to sell.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
[tweet]296641230719311873[/tweet]

Following

Stefan Coerts
‏@StefanCoerts
Virgil van Dijk to #BHAFC seems to be a no-go this winter. #Brighton have asked FCG to name their price, but #FCGroningen refuse to sell.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
[tweet]296641230719311873[/tweet]

Following

Stefan Coerts
‏@StefanCoerts

He seems very late with that one, we asked that on Monday night/ Tuesday morning.

Seems a repeat of old news.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
[Tweet]296651622300413952[/Tweet]

Move along. Nothing to see here.

(for our Tapatalk friends....According to reports, BHAFC will not be making an improved third bid for defender Van Dijk and therefore the transfer is off #bhafc)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here