Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No he hasn't. He's asked his followers on Twitter. Some of whom are on here.
One of his followers is NSC. Ok, so he was asking all and sundry.

I really don't understand this anti-Naylor stance that people adopt. He's just a guy doing his job – reporting what is going on at the Albion. Why does he cop so much grief? :shrug:
Because he normally builds up a load of old rubbish as if it's some great exclusive. So what if he's just doing his job, I'm not giving him some real hard time, it's just a little banter.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Before we start getting all arrogant about Groningen rejected our bids as if they should just be delighted we're interested, why should they sell this late in the window? We wouldn't be too keen on selling one of our important players would we? We don't want to flog Bridcutt, he's imperative to us but we think that Groningen should sell a centre back they clearly deem to be extremely important?

Football is all about being completely biased towards your own team. You know that! :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Sounds like they need a couple of million now to strengthen the team throughout.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5475858 said:
Football is all about being completely biased towards your own team. You know that! :)

I had my Switzerland hat on, but it's off now. The Dutch cloggers, flog him and be greatful for the interest! :albion:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bluff and bluster, expect him to be signed by the close of the window
Just a gut feeling, nothing more.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Looks as if this deal is a no-go. In that case, who else is available? There are two parts to our need- one short term to cover for Greer and also give us some cover on the bench; and the other, for the future. Hard-working and determined as they are, neither Greer nor El Abd have the ability or pace to cope with top Premier League players. Any thoughts or suggestions for us experts to muse over?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Like i've said before, money talks but it don't sing and dance and it don't walk.

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
Seems it needs a very high fee to get Van Dijk. Still the Groningen chairman doesn't rule out selling van Dijk. It's all part of the negotiations.
Van Dijk had a great game yesterday, but Groningen isn't in the position to reject a very good offer for van Dijk, the club is running at a loss, think they will accept a third and final offer.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Hi Werner, are they usually this talkative with the press, media etc? Does seem a little like talking the price up when they could just have rejected the bid privately. Thanks in advance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like i've said before, money talks but it don't sing and dance and it don't walk.

Not a Neil Diamond fan so I'm gonna dismiss that as some trite pop lyrics :smile:

I'm going for you can't always get what you want but if you try, sometimes you might get what you need...and we really do need this guy

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Yeah or is he now a feature of their first team. The thing is while we are in with a shout of the playoffs we really don't want to stuff this signing up, it needs to be a good one otherwise February will be a struggle without Greer- who covers for Calde if he's needed in central defence? Hopefully Bruno will be back soon.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not a Neil Diamond fan so I'm gonna dismiss that as some trite pop lyrics :smile:

I'm going for you can't always get what you want but if you try, sometimes you might get what you need...and we really do need this guy

Some people have noted we might be taking advantage of a Dutch club in financial difficulties, but we didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world was turning.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah or is he now a feature of their first team. The thing is while we are in with a shout of the playoffs we really don't want to stuff this signing up, it needs to be a good one otherwise February will be a struggle without Greer- who covers for Calde if he's needed in central defence? Hopefully Bruno will be back soon.

Had 2 appearances this yeah in the cup, Capitol one i presume. Might be a fall back loan option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here