Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus being over there means we must be very serious and I would think very close.
Serious without question, but if they won't sell we're stuffed. It's not like we want to be throwing crazy money around.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If they want silly money for him, say 4 to 5 Million quid. I think we will tell them to f*** off. I just pray and hope we have other Targets then him. Especially with 4 days to go until the window closes for this season. We don't want to dip into the Loan Market and struggle to get one or two in through there.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
image.jpg

Today. BEAST!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"If there is a ridiculously high bid comes then we'll consider it. But I can say with reasonable certainty that it is not going to happen. "
The director of Groningen

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just thinking what would be the benefit for the player coming to us, rather a prem club?

Surely we can't offer him a regular starting place unless he earns it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
"If there is a ridiculously high bid comes then we'll consider it. But I can say with reasonable certainty that it is not going to happen. "

He said exactly the same thing a couple of days ago. It sounds to me as though Groningen are holding out for a higher fee/bigger club to come in for him but if Gus has gone over there I would imagine it's still a possibility if no one else takes a risk on him. Sounds to me as though they need the money.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Just thinking what would be the benefit for the player coming to us, rather a prem club?

He is playing at a similar if not higher level than us now and appears to be the star in their side. Compared to other centre backs, he scores goals for fun and is a beast who wins loads of headers at both ends, something we aren't great at. It's also been noted by a few people on here who watched the game that the keeper often rolls the ball to him so he can pass it out so suits our style of play perfectly. We have one of our centre backs out injured or a couple of weeks minimum so he'd go straight in to the starting lineup and have his chance. I am quietly confident that if that did happen he would grasp his chance, leaving the other two to fight it out. Just my opinions of course though :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

They must genuinely believe they can get 4-5 million for him in the summer and if he's that good then thats reasonable price for Prem team.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

We're geographically better placed than most teams apart from Southampton and the London clubs. We're an up and coming team with a CB slot waiting to be filled. Either 3 months or 15 months with us will blend him into the English game. And we have Grubbs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

I just pray and hope we have other Targets then him. Especially with 4 days to go until the window closes for this season. We don't want to dip into the Loan Market and struggle to get one or two in through there.

We do. Would be foolish not to. But sound like Gus wants this chap.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
The man himself just tweeted 'realising every dream' - the dream of coming to play football in England???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The man himself just tweeted 'realising every dream' - the dream of coming to play football in England???

Cliiiiimb every mountaaaaaain
Foooooord every streeeeeeeam

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if it's further up this thread, but what's his official twitter id?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here